From: Adrian C on
Johannes Andersen wrote:
>
> You just proved my point.

The 'safe' choice lots of folks make for LCD television sets is
Panasonic. Certainly Which magazine ends up going in that direction.

Find out which few models someone like John Lewis sell, find the
instruction manuals on line and read, or follow comments on AVForums and
Amazon etc. Why not spend a morning reading tech magazines in WHSmiths?

Loads of questions like how well they process standard definition TV,
fast moving footballs, what viewing angle will ye accept, does it have
broadband connectivity (Freesat sets), How many HDMI sockets, Power
consumption, Quality of speakers etc...

For me, I've very interested in running a decent PC display using the
real native pixal dimensions of the panel via HDMI/DVI connections.
There are some sets made that make this a bit tricky, though some of
that is also down to how the PC graphics card gets along.

OK, generic comments on manufacturer.

Don't overlook LG, Sharp & Samsung.

Sony is OK if you get a good discount, but at normal retail is just
overpriced. On past experience, I'd give anything from Philips a wide
berth no matter how facinating the technology sounds.

Or just go for pure cooking quality from eBuyer, Aria etc... Some of the
really cheap LCD sets from eBuyer (F&H) sold seem to have happy customers.

Probably not much in it to go 37" as well.

--
Adrian C
From: johannes on


Adrian C wrote:
>
> Johannes Andersen wrote:
> >
> > You just proved my point.
>
> The 'safe' choice lots of folks make for LCD television sets is
> Panasonic. Certainly Which magazine ends up going in that direction.
>
> Find out which few models someone like John Lewis sell, find the
> instruction manuals on line and read, or follow comments on AVForums and
> Amazon etc. Why not spend a morning reading tech magazines in WHSmiths?
>
> Loads of questions like how well they process standard definition TV,
> fast moving footballs, what viewing angle will ye accept, does it have
> broadband connectivity (Freesat sets), How many HDMI sockets, Power
> consumption, Quality of speakers etc...
>
> For me, I've very interested in running a decent PC display using the
> real native pixal dimensions of the panel via HDMI/DVI connections.
> There are some sets made that make this a bit tricky, though some of
> that is also down to how the PC graphics card gets along.
>
> OK, generic comments on manufacturer.
>
> Don't overlook LG, Sharp & Samsung.
>
> Sony is OK if you get a good discount, but at normal retail is just
> overpriced. On past experience, I'd give anything from Philips a wide
> berth no matter how facinating the technology sounds.
>
> Or just go for pure cooking quality from eBuyer, Aria etc... Some of the
> really cheap LCD sets from eBuyer (F&H) sold seem to have happy customers.
>
> Probably not much in it to go 37" as well.
>
> --
> Adrian C

Thanks for info. At last a reasonable reply. I have my eyes on a Toshiba - 32RV635DB,
around �400 for 1080p HD and good ratings. Sound quality should be good; I can imagine
this is a problem for the flat format. I am not much of a TV viewer as I dumped my last
TV 2 years ago, probably for the better. But I don't want to be boring, and one can
always hope...
From: Steve on
johs(a)sizefitter.com wrote:
>
> Colin wrote:
> >
> > "johannes" <johs(a)sizef5366765464itter.com> wrote in message
> > news:4AE48681.5A7E335C(a)sizef5366765464itter.com...
> > > Only spam and mentally challenged morons left in this ng, it seems.
> >
> > Which one are you?
>
> You just proved my point.

Thank you for a spectacular PKB.

--
http://improve-usenet.org
Filter all posts from Google Groups,
it's mostly spam.
From: Ian F. on
"johannes" <johs(a)size73773633222fitter.com> wrote in message
news:4AE60ABE.3BC9AFA5(a)size73773633222fitter.com...

> Thanks for info. At last a reasonable reply. I have my eyes on a Toshiba

I'm very happy with my 37" Tosh.

Ian

From: Johannes Andersen on


Steve wrote:
>
> johs(a)sizefitter.com wrote:
> >
> > Colin wrote:
> > >
> > > "johannes" <johs(a)sizef5366765464itter.com> wrote in message
> > > news:4AE48681.5A7E335C(a)sizef5366765464itter.com...
> > > > Only spam and mentally challenged morons left in this ng, it seems.
> > >
> > > Which one are you?
> >
> > You just proved my point.
>
> Thank you for a spectacular PKB.

Bwadr! Just caught you in my trap. As said, there is always 1.0
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: various software
Next: Best 27" Computer Monitor?