From: Zuke on

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, hchickpea(a)hotmail.com wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:59:20 -0500, "Don K" <dk(a)dont_bother_me.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "Luke Howett Fitzhugh" <fitzhugh(a)null.null> wrote in message
>> news:t17uu2p0q3f04o4rp4979hn0h7qoam6bj2(a)4ax.com...
>>>
>>> I worked in a large office area where somebody burned popcorn every
>>> day or two. The odor did finally go away after a couple of hours, and
>>> I think it was the constant ventilation that did the job.
>>>
>>> Even without Lysol or other chemicals, lots of fresh air will
>>> eventually clear the stench.
>>>
>>> Luke
>>
>> I agree. I've burnt the popcorn many times. The smell goes away on
>> its own, even if you do nothing.
>>
>> Don
>>

Maybe we should all get used to the smell. According to most
TV evangilists we are all going to wind up in Hell for all of
eternity.

>
> Second that. I've had employees in theatres burn popcorn many times.
> Cook a couple of fresh batches and the odor isn't apparent. (But
> then, you may not make pocorn 32 oz at a time).
>
>
From: Rod Speed on
Zuke <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, hchickpea(a)hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:59:20 -0500, "Don K" <dk(a)dont_bother_me.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Luke Howett Fitzhugh" <fitzhugh(a)null.null> wrote in message
>>> news:t17uu2p0q3f04o4rp4979hn0h7qoam6bj2(a)4ax.com...
>>>>
>>>> I worked in a large office area where somebody burned popcorn every
>>>> day or two. The odor did finally go away after a couple of hours,
>>>> and I think it was the constant ventilation that did the job.
>>>>
>>>> Even without Lysol or other chemicals, lots of fresh air will
>>>> eventually clear the stench.
>>>>
>>>> Luke
>>>
>>> I agree. I've burnt the popcorn many times. The smell goes away on
>>> its own, even if you do nothing.

> Maybe we should all get used to the smell.

No thanks, I dont bother with popcorn.

> According to most TV evangilists we are all going to wind up in Hell for all of eternity.

I certainly dont want to be anywhere near where fools like that are.

>> Second that. I've had employees in theatres burn popcorn many times.
>> Cook a couple of fresh batches and the odor isn't apparent. (But
>> then, you may not make pocorn 32 oz at a time).


From: Luke Howett Fitzhugh on
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 00:31:06 -0500, Zuke <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>Maybe we should all get used to the smell. According to most
>TV evangilists we are all going to wind up in Hell for all of
>eternity.

You are a very odd person.

Luke
From: timeOday on
Seerialmom wrote:
> NEVER put a bag in and walk away, even if you use the "popcorn"
> button.

Really? So far my luck with "popcorn" button microwaves has been
excellent, to the point of making me curious how they work.

My own microwave is extremely plain (nothing but an analog dial) but if
it ever breaks I would look for one with a popcorn button.
From: Seerialmom on
On Mar 9, 1:00 pm, timeOday <timeOday-UNS...(a)theknack.net> wrote:
> Seerialmom wrote:
> > NEVER put a bag in and walk away, even if you use the "popcorn"
> > button.
>
> Really? So far my luck with "popcorn" button microwaves has been
> excellent, to the point of making me curious how they work.
>
> My own microwave is extremely plain (nothing but an analog dial) but if
> it ever breaks I would look for one with a popcorn button.

You must have used either a lower wattage system OR a really big bag
of micrwave popcorn :)