From: Dr Zoidberg on
"The Older Gentleman" <totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1j85uqq.15ria1w1vgj1zwN%totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk...
> So the guy came to pick up the Bosch oven I've recently sold. Four or
> five years old, needed a clean, but a damn good bosch double fan oven
> that cost �450 odd when we bought it and that he'd won for �20 or so.
>
> And between the two of us we were humping it out to his van (handles
> thoughtfully built into the top of the oven for this purpose).
>
> Abd he let hs corner drop a bit and it just hit the ground and...
>
> *BANG*
>

A fair few years back I sold a 28" CRT TV on ebay.
I carried the TV to the car as I didn't want any problems with it , and the
buyer carried the wooden stand/cabinet and managed to drop it.
The woodwork could be easily reassembled as it was only pegged together ,
but one of the glass doors smashed.

The buyers wanted to back out of the sale , and then wanted a big discount
and really weren't happy when I said no!

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

From: Rob Morley on
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 07:33:39 -0000
"Dr Zoidberg" <AlexNOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote:

> The buyers wanted to back out of the sale , and then wanted a big
> discount and really weren't happy when I said no!
>
Did you phrase it a little more colourfully?

From: Dr Zoidberg on
"Rob Morley" <nospam(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:20091026111821.31b3876c(a)bluemoon...
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 07:33:39 -0000
> "Dr Zoidberg" <AlexNOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> The buyers wanted to back out of the sale , and then wanted a big
>> discount and really weren't happy when I said no!
>>
> Did you phrase it a little more colourfully?
>

I thought I stayed quite polite , actually.
I made my views fairly clear by placing the broken stand in the boot of
their car and closing the hatchback though.

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

From: Beav on

"petrolcan" <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.255ddbbab33623fe989a6c(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> In article <rkJIm.55059$MG6.1457(a)newsfe13.ams2>, Beav says...
>>

>> >
>> > I did deliver one thing on freecycle once. I'd bought a boxed lot at
>> > auction that included a bunch of railway magazines. The person who
>> > answered wanted them for their Downs' Syndrome child, and asked how
>> > heavy
>> > they were, as they'd need to collect by bus. So, I delivered them. The
>> > person neither asked nor expected it, but they deserved it.
>>
>> I'd say it was nice of you to deliver, but what exactly did they do to
>> deserve it?.
>
> Obvious, isn't it?

Not to me it doesn't. Not unless simply having a Downs' Syndrome child make
one deserving of something and I can't see why it would.


--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19


From: petrolcan on
In article <xBgJm.109405$ei3.75513(a)newsfe22.ams2>, Beav says...
>
> "petrolcan" <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.255ddbbab33623fe989a6c(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> > In article <rkJIm.55059$MG6.1457(a)newsfe13.ams2>, Beav says...
> >>
>
> >> >
> >> > I did deliver one thing on freecycle once. I'd bought a boxed lot at
> >> > auction that included a bunch of railway magazines. The person who
> >> > answered wanted them for their Downs' Syndrome child, and asked how
> >> > heavy
> >> > they were, as they'd need to collect by bus. So, I delivered them. The
> >> > person neither asked nor expected it, but they deserved it.
> >>
> >> I'd say it was nice of you to deliver, but what exactly did they do to
> >> deserve it?.
> >
> > Obvious, isn't it?
>
> Not to me it doesn't. Not unless simply having a Downs' Syndrome child make
> one deserving of something and I can't see why it would.

fran's bestest mate was an edward renner of 7 Riley Avenue, Doncaster

aka

spacker!