From: CD on
I like the ebay tool that lets you enter a barcode providing all the
details for a DVD or Blu-Ray & then letting you sell one, very slick.

But I'm stumped when there isn't an existing listing. You click on
sell one, then it asks for a category & goes to the standard listing
page without the info.

This is the barcode I'm trying on 5050629035032.

Any ideas?

CD
From: Dr Ivan D. Reid on
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:14:23 +0000, CD <no(a)way.ok>
wrote in <l9djk55k437fp5dgcovkvl8qm3cr0l0omp(a)4ax.com>:
> I like the ebay tool that lets you enter a barcode providing all the
> details for a DVD or Blu-Ray & then letting you sell one, very slick.

> But I'm stumped when there isn't an existing listing. You click on
> sell one, then it asks for a category & goes to the standard listing
> page without the info.

> This is the barcode I'm trying on 5050629035032.

> Any ideas?

No idea how to make that work, but are you aware that if you enter
the UPC into Google it (often) returns info on the product? e.g. your UPC
led me to http://www.heinternational.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=735758
among other sites.

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Ivan.Reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
KotPT -- "for stupidity above and beyond the call of duty".
From: Fran on

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" <Ivan.Reid(a)brunel.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:slrnhkjru2.1rc.Ivan.Reid(a)loki.brunel.ac.uk...
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:14:23 +0000, CD <no(a)way.ok>
> wrote in <l9djk55k437fp5dgcovkvl8qm3cr0l0omp(a)4ax.com>:
>> I like the ebay tool that lets you enter a barcode providing all the
>> details for a DVD or Blu-Ray & then letting you sell one, very slick.
>
>> But I'm stumped when there isn't an existing listing. You click on
>> sell one, then it asks for a category & goes to the standard listing
>> page without the info.
>
>> This is the barcode I'm trying on 5050629035032.
>
>> Any ideas?
>
> No idea how to make that work, but are you aware that if you enter
> the UPC into Google it (often) returns info on the product? e.g. your UPC
> led me to http://www.heinternational.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=735758
> among other sites.
>

You'll probably do better selling it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002KHMNCY

But there are at least twelve already on EBay.


From: Fran on

"CD" <no(a)way.ok> wrote in message
news:ar4kk5101njld153pbnind1tdh9f0pfllj(a)4ax.com...
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:49:25 -0000, "Fran"
> <autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote:
>
>>You'll probably do better selling it on Amazon:
>>
>>http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002KHMNCY
>>
>>But there are at least twelve already on EBay.
>
> It's from a Tesco pre-order promo for which I got 500 Clubcard points
> (�20 deals). I just check the completed items & price it for a quick
> sell on B-I-N. This is how I shifted the 20 odd other titles I ordered
> on this promo.
> I've dabbled a bit with Amazon with some old books a while back but
> the fees look a bit eye watering to me.
>

Ah, but you don't pay a thing till it sells and it stays listed
indefinitely. The fees are actually pretty comparable once you take PayPal's
take into account as well. Plus, I do think Amazon tends to be a more
"natural" place for people wanting to buy DVDs and such. It's also far less
hassle.


From: Fran on

"CD" <no(a)way.ok> wrote in message
news:8g8kk5tipi0ilp3ll45l8h39k4hq4cl5q7(a)4ax.com...
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:06:45 -0000, "Fran"
> <autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Ah, but you don't pay a thing till it sells and it stays listed
>>indefinitely. The fees are actually pretty comparable once you take
>>PayPal's
>>take into account as well. Plus, I do think Amazon tends to be a more
>>"natural" place for people wanting to buy DVDs and such. It's also far
>>less
>>hassle.
>
> Ok, you've sold me. It's on Amazon 1p below the next cheapest.
> Enter the barcode, a few clicks & done. It is indeed far less hassle.
>

There you go. Good luck with it!