From: Rod Speed on
Gordon wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>>>> Cutting off the satellite for television was not a major loss.
>>>>> Frugality kicked in. We dropped the satellite feed.

>>>> So now you have nothing for real news and current affairs.

>>> Internet.

>> You dont know that she bothers and thats not as good anyway, particularly with docos etc.

> docos?

Documentarys.

> I have never considered TV to be a necessary source of news and information.

Never said it was.

> Besides the internet, there is also radio and the news paper.

And you dont know that she bothers with either.


From: Gordon on
"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in
news:7lkqvsF3cp85uU1(a)mid.individual.net:

> Gordon wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>
>>>>>> Cutting off the satellite for television was not a major loss.
>>>>>> Frugality kicked in. We dropped the satellite feed.
>
>>>>> So now you have nothing for real news and current affairs.
>
>>>> Internet.
>
>>> You dont know that she bothers and thats not as good anyway,
>>> particularly with docos etc.
>
>> docos?
>
> Documentarys.
>
>> I have never considered TV to be a necessary source of news and
>> information.
>
> Never said it was.
>
>> Besides the internet, there is also radio and the news paper.
>
> And you dont know that she bothers with either.
>

I'm just saying that those sources are available. unless she
weighs in, neither of us will know what she does or does not
bother with. You can lead a horse to water...

This is all getting rather pointless. The fact is that there
are 4 good sources of news and current events. Just because
an individual has cut themselves off from one of those sources
does not mean they are deprived of all news and current events.
From: Rod Speed on
Gordon wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> Gordon wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>>>>>> Cutting off the satellite for television was not a major loss.
>>>>>>> Frugality kicked in. We dropped the satellite feed.

>>>>>> So now you have nothing for real news and current affairs.

>>>>> Internet.

>>>> You dont know that she bothers and thats not as good anyway, particularly with docos etc.

>>> docos?

>> Documentarys.

>>> I have never considered TV to be a necessary source of news and information.

>> Never said it was.

>>> Besides the internet, there is also radio and the news paper.

>> And you dont know that she bothers with either.

> I'm just saying that those sources are available.

You dont know she bothers with either.

> unless she weighs in, neither of us will know what she does or does not bother with.

Its obvious that she's terminally pig ignorant, so she clearly doesnt, or
at least bothers with either that are other than steaming turds, anyway.

> You can lead a horse to water...

Indeed, but if there is no water available...

> This is all getting rather pointless.

Yep, you havent contributed a damned thing.

> The fact is that there are 4 good sources of news and current events.

You dont know she bothers with any of them, or than all 4 are available to her either.

> Just because an individual has cut themselves off from one of those
> sources does not mean they are deprived of all news and current events.

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?


From: Les Cargill on
Vandy Terre wrote:
<snip>
>
> Another place I see a lot of money wasted is at the grocery. Luncheon meat is
> expensive and usually heavier in fat than home cooked meat. Look at the price
> per pound on a whole frozen turkey and compare it to turkey luncheon meat. Is
> it really that hard to home cook the turkey, bone it, and slice it?

It may well be. How many hours does this represent? What's your
marginal rate ( assuming you can sell labor instead of consuming it
yourself)?

> Besides
> that luncheon meat does not come with separated dark/ light meat or organ meat.
> Look at the price of a whole ham verses luncheon meat. Most groceries will
> slice the ham for you. I have the ham sliced at the grocery, take it home, wrap
> it for freezing and then it is used as needed with out spoilage.
>

Right now, Wally World has $3.00 7 oz packages of thin sliced meat. I go
through a couple of those per week. It's hardly worth squeezing a buck
or two out of my weekly budget with something packaged differently.

--
Les Cargill
From: Gordon on
"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in
news:7lni1iF3cs9m1U1(a)mid.individual.net:

> Gordon wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>> Gordon wrote
>>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>
>>>>>>>> Cutting off the satellite for television was not a major loss.
>>>>>>>> Frugality kicked in. We dropped the satellite feed.
>
>>>>>>> So now you have nothing for real news and current affairs.
>
>>>>>> Internet.
>
>>>>> You dont know that she bothers and thats not as good anyway,
>>>>> particularly with docos etc.
>
>>>> docos?
>
>>> Documentarys.
>
>>>> I have never considered TV to be a necessary source of news and
>>>> information.
>
>>> Never said it was.
>
>>>> Besides the internet, there is also radio and the news paper.
>
>>> And you dont know that she bothers with either.
>
>> I'm just saying that those sources are available.
>
> You dont know she bothers with either.

Oh look, in the very next sentence I say the same thing.

>
>> unless she weighs in, neither of us will know what she does or does
>> not bother with.
>
> Its obvious that she's terminally pig ignorant, so she clearly doesnt,
> or at least bothers with either that are other than steaming turds,
> anyway.
>
>> You can lead a horse to water...
>
> Indeed, but if there is no water available...
>
>> This is all getting rather pointless.
>
> Yep, you havent contributed a damned thing.
>

No, you are too blind or ignorent to see the contributions


>> The fact is that there are 4 good sources of news and current events.
>
> You dont know she bothers with any of them, or than all 4 are
> available to her either.
>

As I said above...

>> Just because an individual has cut themselves off from one of those
>> sources does not mean they are deprived of all news and current
>> events.
>
> Having fun thrashing that straw man ?
>
>

Are you?