From: Fran on

"Humbug" <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote in message
news:j94mg5lt5ugfcm94e59g6025hkfbco44h0(a)4ax.com...
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:03:56 GMT, petrolcan <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>In article <8jtlg59b30hpm5l24hn1kj0hq1k95mgtgi(a)4ax.com>, Humbug says...
>>>
>>> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:53:54 GMT, petrolcan <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> >In article <1j9l99j.dq9yxq1xw6qvcN%totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk>, The
>>> >Older Gentleman says...
>>> >>
>>> >> petrolcan <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >> > In article <hebdq6$v3o$3(a)aioe.org>, lurker says...
>>> >> > >
>>> >> > > as above
>>> >> >
>>> >> > Why is it that you have an obsession with spacker?
>>> >> >
>>> >> > He's gone, hopefully forever.
>>> >>
>>> >> The other half of the Fracker entity is still posting the same shite,
>>> >> though.
>>> >
>>> >Same as it ever was.
>>> >
>>> >> I wonder how proud it feels at having effectively killed what was a
>>> >> good
>>> >> thriving and useful ng?
>>> >
>>> >Oi! Whilst it may take a while for the thriving to reappear, this NG is
>>> >still very useful.
>>>
>>> Exactly so.
>>>
>>> I'm pleased to have been able to take you out of my killfile now that
>>> you don't have a troll to incense your posts.
>>
>>Think about it, why exactly do you think I kept replying?
>
> Yes, I know. I just got fed up with reading it.
>
>>> This NG will thrive once again with valuable posters who are not
>>> driven off-topic by malicious interlopers.
>>>
>>> I'm only a tiny bit concerned about the way that Fran seems to be
>>> escalating where Spacker left off ... there always has to be *one*,
>>> doesn't there?
>>
>>fran's time will come.
>
> [sigh] Yes, I suppose so :-(
>

Now who's escalating, hm?


From: Fran on

"Humbug" <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote in message
news:5e4mg5h9ja2q3psnf2khlf25skqq35kr4n(a)4ax.com...
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:43:07 +0000, totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk
> (The Older Gentleman) wrote:
>
>>Humbug <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm only a tiny bit concerned about the way that Fran seems to be
>>> escalating where Spacker left off ... there always has to be *one*,
>>> doesn't there?
>>
>>Oh, indeed. I see it played the racist card. Again....
>
> Hang on, Fran has no reason to be racist, does he?
>

They are referring, I suspect, to the fact that I stated my objection to
racism, when replying to a single quoted post I saw that totally
misrepresented my actions. I've chosen to ignore by the judicious use of a
killfile the twaddle that I suspect has still been perpetrated here despite
all the supposed wishes for peace and harmony. I have had the temerity to
post on some EBay topics: dear heaven, the nerve of it.

Now, if you are choosing to interpret that as my being racist, then I am
deeply saddened and very disappointed to find you are not the person I
thought you to be. And pretty disgusted, too. Again, if you did not mean
that, my apologies for my own misinterpretation. I do actually hope that I
have misunderstood your meaning.


From: Humbug on
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:32:38 -0000, "Fran"
<autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote:

>
>"Humbug" <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote in message
>news:8jtlg59b30hpm5l24hn1kj0hq1k95mgtgi(a)4ax.com...
>
>> I'm only a tiny bit concerned about the way that Fran seems to be
>> escalating where Spacker left off ... there always has to be *one*,
>> doesn't there?
>>
>
>One reply is not an escalation and I take some exception to that statement.
>I replied to a comment about me, as is my right.
>
>I still have TOG in my killfile, along with his friends, so I don't see the
>vast majority of what they post, thankfully. At the moment, I don't intend
>adding you, unless you make more snide comments. If that remark of yours was
>not intended to be snide, then fine, I apologise.
>
It was not intended to be snide.

I've read about 1200 posts in the last few days, as I've been out of
the loop for a while, and have now had the opportunity to catch up.

I did not actually see Spacker's departure, but I have seen a number
of yours since.

I was disappointed to find that the tone of your posts seems to have
amplified his attitude since his "outing", and have noted that other
posters have remarked upon this fact.

Since you seem to need to name a scapegoat - The Older Gentleman (who
is actually younger than me) is a poster whom I recognise in this and
other newsgroups.
I find his posts are often useful and informative; I suppose that I
*could* be described as his friend, although I haven't actually met
him IRL yet.

Killfile me if you will, if you wish to tar me with some kind of
supposed brush.

I haven't killfiled you yet, as you may be a useful poster in
uk.people.consumers.ebay

--
Humbug
From: Fran on

"Humbug" <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote in message
news:247mg5l7e2tnks1jv46inmg8pbkl1boduq(a)4ax.com...
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:32:38 -0000, "Fran"
> <autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Humbug" <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote in message
>>news:8jtlg59b30hpm5l24hn1kj0hq1k95mgtgi(a)4ax.com...
>>
>>> I'm only a tiny bit concerned about the way that Fran seems to be
>>> escalating where Spacker left off ... there always has to be *one*,
>>> doesn't there?
>>>
>>
>>One reply is not an escalation and I take some exception to that
>>statement.
>>I replied to a comment about me, as is my right.
>>
>>I still have TOG in my killfile, along with his friends, so I don't see
>>the
>>vast majority of what they post, thankfully. At the moment, I don't intend
>>adding you, unless you make more snide comments. If that remark of yours
>>was
>>not intended to be snide, then fine, I apologise.
>>
> It was not intended to be snide.

It came across that way rather strongly.

>
> I've read about 1200 posts in the last few days, as I've been out of
> the loop for a while, and have now had the opportunity to catch up.
>
> I did not actually see Spacker's departure, but I have seen a number
> of yours since.
>
> I was disappointed to find that the tone of your posts seems to have
> amplified his attitude since his "outing", and have noted that other
> posters have remarked upon this fact.

I have, genuinely, no idea what you are talking about. I have replied to ONE
post - yesterday, I think - that made a comment about me. I was away all
last week. Yes, I did object to what happened when he was outed, as you call
it. After that, if you check properly, you'll find I replied to some Ebay
related posts over the past weeks, but I've mostly not been around much, as
I have been out of the country a fair bit.

>
> Since you seem to need to name a scapegoat - The Older Gentleman (who
> is actually younger than me) is a poster whom I recognise in this and
> other newsgroups.
> I find his posts are often useful and informative; I suppose that I
> *could* be described as his friend, although I haven't actually met
> him IRL yet.

Well, having just looked on google groups, I see that he and his sidekick
are still rather tiresomely obsessed with me, and that means they stay in my
killfile.

>
> Killfile me if you will, if you wish to tar me with some kind of
> supposed brush.

I am, as I said, both surprised and disappointed in you, and this post of
yours has done nothing to disabuse me of that sentiment.

>
> I haven't killfiled you yet, as you may be a useful poster in
> uk.people.consumers.ebay
>

Thanks, the condescension is appreciated. Perhaps you might care to offer
useful advice on EBay outages in future, for example, hm?


From: Humbug on
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:43:21 -0000, "Fran"
<autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote:

>
>"Humbug" <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote in message
>news:5e4mg5h9ja2q3psnf2khlf25skqq35kr4n(a)4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:43:07 +0000, totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk
>> (The Older Gentleman) wrote:
>>
>>>Humbug <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I'm only a tiny bit concerned about the way that Fran seems to be
>>>> escalating where Spacker left off ... there always has to be *one*,
>>>> doesn't there?
>>>
>>>Oh, indeed. I see it played the racist card. Again....
>>
>> Hang on, Fran has no reason to be racist, does he?
>>
>
>They are referring, I suspect, to the fact that I stated my objection to
>racism, when replying to a single quoted post I saw that totally
>misrepresented my actions. I've chosen to ignore by the judicious use of a
>killfile the twaddle that I suspect has still been perpetrated here despite
>all the supposed wishes for peace and harmony. I have had the temerity to
>post on some EBay topics: dear heaven, the nerve of it.
>
>Now, if you are choosing to interpret that as my being racist, then I am
>deeply saddened and very disappointed to find you are not the person I
>thought you to be. And pretty disgusted, too. Again, if you did not mean
>that, my apologies for my own misinterpretation. I do actually hope that I
>have misunderstood your meaning.

I imagine that you are no more racist than I am. I'm not going to
bother to search for the threads where it was suggested by you and
your friend that I was.

--
Humbug
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Is ebay being slow for you tonight?
Next: Problem with ebay?