From: michael adams on

"petrolcan" <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.25e2a06c29f22056989bd9(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> In article <7trcufFitoU1(a)mid.individual.net>, michael adams says...
> >
> > "Dodgy Geezer" <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > news:iFXdn.64248$En7.22995(a)newsfe07.ams2...
> > > michael adams wrote:
> > >
> > > > As this is clearly feedback extortion - asking you to give him feedback before
> > > > he'll even dispatch the goods.
> > > >
> > >
> > > It appears that way to buyers.
> > >
> > > The guy understanably wants paying, not Paypal keeping hold of it
> > > pending your approval.
> >
> > There's no "understandably" about it. Every seller offering Paypal
> > knows before they list anything on eBay that Paypal won't clear the funds
> > until either the buyer leaves feedback or 21 days have elapsed.
>
> Wrong. I've never had my funds held.

That's because you were already an established seller when the 21 day
Hold policy was introduced in Jan 2008. Which now applies to all
sellers with zero feedback.

If you're still unsure about this maybe you could ask somebody to explain
it to you. Your carer or the home help perhaps ?

> > Presumably like the numpty seller you weren't aware of that fact either.
>
> Michael, you really shouldn't be the one throwing the insults around as
> it is you being the numpty here.

Petrol, as per usual you've stuck your oar in, wading in with both size tens, and
yet again succeeded in making a complete prat of yourself.

However going by past experience, I won't hold my breath waiting for you to apologise
or admit your error.


michael adams

....










>


From: Niel J Humphreys on
"michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
news:7trcufFitoU1(a)mid.individual.net...
>
> "Dodgy Geezer" <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:iFXdn.64248$En7.22995(a)newsfe07.ams2...
>> michael adams wrote:
>>
>> > As this is clearly feedback extortion - asking you to give him feedback
>> > before
>> > he'll even dispatch the goods.
>> >
>>
>> It appears that way to buyers.
>>
>> The guy understanably wants paying, not Paypal keeping hold of it
>> pending your approval.
>
> There's no "understandably" about it. Every seller offering Paypal
> knows before they list anything on eBay that Paypal won't clear the funds
> until either the buyer leaves feedback or 21 days have elapsed.

Wrong, only new/low volume sellers in certain categories. Even then they are
told in a small paragraph that Paypal *may* hold onto the payment.


From: Dodgy Geezer on
petrolcan wrote:
> In article <7trcufFitoU1(a)mid.individual.net>, michael adams says...
>> "Dodgy Geezer" <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> news:iFXdn.64248$En7.22995(a)newsfe07.ams2...
>>> michael adams wrote:
>>>
>>>> As this is clearly feedback extortion - asking you to give him feedback before
>>>> he'll even dispatch the goods.
>>>>
>>> It appears that way to buyers.
>>>
>>> The guy understanably wants paying, not Paypal keeping hold of it
>>> pending your approval.
>> There's no "understandably" about it. Every seller offering Paypal
>> knows before they list anything on eBay that Paypal won't clear the funds
>> until either the buyer leaves feedback or 21 days have elapsed.
>
> Wrong. I've never had my funds held.
>
>> Presumably like the numpty seller you weren't aware of that fact either.
>
> Michael, you really shouldn't be the one throwing the insults around as
> it is you being the numpty here.
>

I've never had funds held either. Besides, the fact will be buried in
the user agreement which is longer than the complete works of Shakespeare.
From: petrolcan on
In article <7trin3Ffc9U1(a)mid.individual.net>, michael adams says...
>
> "petrolcan" <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.25e2a06c29f22056989bd9(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> > In article <7trcufFitoU1(a)mid.individual.net>, michael adams says...
> > >
> > > "Dodgy Geezer" <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > news:iFXdn.64248$En7.22995(a)newsfe07.ams2...
> > > > michael adams wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > As this is clearly feedback extortion - asking you to give him feedback before
> > > > > he'll even dispatch the goods.
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > It appears that way to buyers.
> > > >
> > > > The guy understanably wants paying, not Paypal keeping hold of it
> > > > pending your approval.
> > >
> > > There's no "understandably" about it. Every seller offering Paypal
> > > knows before they list anything on eBay that Paypal won't clear the funds
> > > until either the buyer leaves feedback or 21 days have elapsed.
> >
> > Wrong. I've never had my funds held.
>
> That's because you were already an established seller when the 21 day
> Hold policy was introduced in Jan 2008. Which now applies to all
> sellers with zero feedback.

Ah, the good old changing the goalposts. You didn't say that you were
referring to zero feedback sellers.

> If you're still unsure about this maybe you could ask somebody to explain
> it to you. Your carer or the home help perhaps ?

Ohhh, cutting.

There used to be another poster here who, when proved wrong, would start
with the childish insults.

> > > Presumably like the numpty seller you weren't aware of that fact either.
> >
> > Michael, you really shouldn't be the one throwing the insults around as
> > it is you being the numpty here.
>
> Petrol, as per usual you've stuck your oar in, wading in with both size tens, and
> yet again succeeded in making a complete prat of yourself.

I really don't think so and they're size 11.

> However going by past experience, I won't hold my breath waiting for you to apologise
> or admit your error.

I'd far rather that you did hold your breath waiting for me to
apologise.
From: petrolcan on
In article <hlagn5$1nif$1(a)energise.enta.net>, Niel J Humphreys says...
>
> "michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> news:7trcufFitoU1(a)mid.individual.net...
> >
> > "Dodgy Geezer" <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > news:iFXdn.64248$En7.22995(a)newsfe07.ams2...
> >> michael adams wrote:
> >>
> >> > As this is clearly feedback extortion - asking you to give him feedback
> >> > before
> >> > he'll even dispatch the goods.
> >> >
> >>
> >> It appears that way to buyers.
> >>
> >> The guy understanably wants paying, not Paypal keeping hold of it
> >> pending your approval.
> >
> > There's no "understandably" about it. Every seller offering Paypal
> > knows before they list anything on eBay that Paypal won't clear the funds
> > until either the buyer leaves feedback or 21 days have elapsed.
>
> Wrong, only new/low volume sellers in certain categories. Even then they are
> told in a small paragraph that Paypal *may* hold onto the payment.

*ding*