From: Mike on
In message <MPG.25796a82a5186942989ab8(a)text.news.virginmedia.com>
at 04:48:54 on Fri, 27 Nov 2009, petrolcan <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com>
wrote
>In article <$7meHZCE9xDLFw7u(a)turnpike.home>, Mike says...
>>
>> In message <6KDPm.83324$3e4.14224(a)newsfe27.ams2>
>> at 22:58:20 on Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Chris Lapthorn
>> <chris.lapthorn2(a)ntlworld.com> wrote
>> >Have had this before but I'm surprised it is coming back to you so quickly.
>> >Was it sent by Recorded or Special delivery? Was it carded?
>> >
>> >I believe stuff gets returned via Belfast so it can take some time (weeks)
>> >to make the return journey.
>> >
>> >With the stuff that we sold the postage was minimal so it was no big deal
>> >for us to pay the second lot of postage, and it impressed the customer no
>> >end!
>> >
>> >
>> I presume by "last Monday" petrolcan meant the 16th
>
>I did. I should've been clearer.
>
I was just checking since Chris was surprised it was returned so quickly
--
Mike News
From: Mike on
In message <6KDPm.83324$3e4.14224(a)newsfe27.ams2>
at 22:58:20 on Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Chris Lapthorn
<chris.lapthorn2(a)ntlworld.com> wrote
>Have had this before but I'm surprised it is coming back to you so quickly.
>Was it sent by Recorded or Special delivery? Was it carded?
>
>I believe stuff gets returned via Belfast so it can take some time (weeks)
>to make the return journey.
>
I think that may be when you don't put your return address on, or they
can't read the return address. I had a �21 SD item that was sent about
Wed following the 3 week deadline. A PITA since according to the box,
she never went to collect it.

She was an amazon customer. Do people leave feedback for amazon buyers?
--
Mike News
From: Fran on

"Mike" <turnpike_user(a)turnpike_REMOVEuser.THIScomANDTHIS> wrote in message
news:7bifP0BJCBELFwhS(a)turnpike.home...
> In message <6KDPm.83324$3e4.14224(a)newsfe27.ams2>
> at 22:58:20 on Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Chris Lapthorn
> <chris.lapthorn2(a)ntlworld.com> wrote
>>Have had this before but I'm surprised it is coming back to you so
>>quickly.
>>Was it sent by Recorded or Special delivery? Was it carded?
>>
>>I believe stuff gets returned via Belfast so it can take some time (weeks)
>>to make the return journey.
> >
> I think that may be when you don't put your return address on, or they
> can't read the return address. I had a �21 SD item that was sent about
> Wed following the 3 week deadline. A PITA since according to the box, she
> never went to collect it.
>
> She was an amazon customer. Do people leave feedback for amazon buyers?

You can, but it's pretty pointless.


From: Mike on
In message <hep3ha$dgs$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>
at 17:50:30 on Fri, 27 Nov 2009, Fran <autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com>
wrote
>> She was an amazon customer. Do people leave feedback for amazon buyers?
>
>You can, but it's pretty pointless.
>
I suppose now we have CWS, you could take a cursory glance and then
decide it's not in stock any more
--
Mike News
From: Fran on

"Mike" <turnpike_user(a)turnpike_REMOVEuser.THIScomANDTHIS> wrote in message
news:WawEv8FBtBELFwEV(a)turnpike.home...
> In message <hep3ha$dgs$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>
> at 17:50:30 on Fri, 27 Nov 2009, Fran <autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote
>>> She was an amazon customer. Do people leave feedback for amazon buyers?
>>
>>You can, but it's pretty pointless.
> >
> I suppose now we have CWS, you could take a cursory glance and then decide
> it's not in stock any more

True, but it does count as a metric if you cancel, so I'd prefer not to do
that. As it happens, I shipped a book today that I hadn't noticed was priced
rather too much below anyone else. But it sold for twice what I paid for it
a few years back and I'd rather have the money than cancel and not know when
it might sell again.

I've honestly never looked at any of my buyers' feedback. It would only be
their payment history that bothered me, and that isn't relevant to Amazon,
hm?