From: Humbug on
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:42:14 +0100, "Fran" <usenet1304(a)btinternet.com>
wrote:

>I don't think you can claim that because someone else's experience is other
>than yours it is a lie. It is simply different.

Can you please tell that to Spacker.
This newsgroup could be a lot quieter and more efficient.

--
Humbug
From: Humbug on
On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:37:50 +0100, Kim Andrews <bykimbo(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <h9291n$fc5$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, usenet1304
>@btinternet.com says...
>>
>> I don't think you can claim that because someone else's experience is
>other
>> than yours it is a lie. It is simply different. I've posted stuff with
>> stamps to the value of second class and it usually arrives next day. Not if
>> you use a printed label, though.
>
>If by printed label you still mean the ones issued by the post office,
>rather than self-print, I use those second class on most things, and
>quite a few things seem to arrive next day, if the speed of feedback's
>any guide. Not quite as many as used to, I don't think, but still a good
>proportion when you consider it's above the standard promised.

I consider second class to be a false economy.

On my listings, I offer first class and second class options, and I
hardly ever have a buyer ask for second class.

The labels are printed in the post office, and so far all have been
delivered the next day.

--
Humbug (779 not out)
From: Humbug on
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:10:30 +0100, totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

>petrolcan <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just sold something to a buyer in Finland and I'll be sending via
>> courier due to the postal strikes in progress/looming. Its only costing
>> me an extra �8 which I am happy to cover because the item sold for quite
>> a bit more than I was expecting.
>
>Of the two bidders I've got (so far) on some valuable china, one's in
>the US and the other in Australia. I think I'll be looking for a decent
>international courier.

I've sent fragile tat to both of those using Royal Mail.

That was at my own risk, though - I wonder if there are independent
insurers who would cover this kind of risk.

Have I discovered a niche market?

--
Humbug
From: The Older Gentleman on
Humbug <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:10:30 +0100, totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk
> (The Older Gentleman) wrote:
>
> >petrolcan <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I've just sold something to a buyer in Finland and I'll be sending via
> >> courier due to the postal strikes in progress/looming. Its only costing
> >> me an extra �8 which I am happy to cover because the item sold for quite
> >> a bit more than I was expecting.
> >
> >Of the two bidders I've got (so far) on some valuable china, one's in
> >the US and the other in Australia. I think I'll be looking for a decent
> >international courier.
>
> I've sent fragile tat to both of those using Royal Mail.
>
> That was at my own risk, though - I wonder if there are independent
> insurers who would cover this kind of risk.
>
> Have I discovered a niche market?

You'll make a small fortune. Having started out with a large one.

--
BMW K1100LT & K100RS Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER Damn, back to six bikes!
Try Googling before asking a damn silly question.
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com
From: Humbug on
On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:06:24 +0100, totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

>Humbug <humbug(a)tofee.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:10:30 +0100, totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk
>> (The Older Gentleman) wrote:
>>
>> >petrolcan <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> I've just sold something to a buyer in Finland and I'll be sending via
>> >> courier due to the postal strikes in progress/looming. Its only costing
>> >> me an extra �8 which I am happy to cover because the item sold for quite
>> >> a bit more than I was expecting.
>> >
>> >Of the two bidders I've got (so far) on some valuable china, one's in
>> >the US and the other in Australia. I think I'll be looking for a decent
>> >international courier.
>>
>> I've sent fragile tat to both of those using Royal Mail.
>>
>> That was at my own risk, though - I wonder if there are independent
>> insurers who would cover this kind of risk.
>>
>> Have I discovered a niche market?
>
>You'll make a small fortune. Having started out with a large one.

Exactly so.

Thank you for the approprite administration of the Clue Stick :-)

--
Humbug