From: Peter Crosland on
"Peter Parry" <peter(a)wpp.ltd.uk> wrote in message
news:2qd4c5hugpbajfkotd98smog80o6a5nc27(a)4ax.com...
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:32:19 +0100, Spacker

>>Would an American company be bound by UK law?
>
> PayPal (Europe) S.�.r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. is not an American Company.

It is still subject to the laws of the country it trades in.

Peter Crosland




From: Mike on
In message <20090929070751.5989691e(a)bluemoon>
at 07:07:51 on Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Rob Morley <nospam(a)ntlworld.com> wrote
>> >There can be risks associated with taking cash such as forgeries and
>> >the possibility of an accomplice mugging the seller
>> >
>> If practical, meet them in the entrance of tescos (and make sure
>> you're on the CCTV cameras there).
>
>Because they only recycle their surveillance tapes how often?
>
I think if you were mugged on TV you're not get to wait till the tapes
get deleted - besides the deterrent's already there in the first place
--
Mike News
From: Mark on
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:50:08 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
<g6jns(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>"Peter Parry" <peter(a)wpp.ltd.uk> wrote in message
>news:2qd4c5hugpbajfkotd98smog80o6a5nc27(a)4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:32:19 +0100, Spacker
>
>>>Would an American company be bound by UK law?
>>
>> PayPal (Europe) S.�.r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. is not an American Company.
>
>It is still subject to the laws of the country it trades in.

Can one use the County Court small claims track against a company like
Paypal?

Anyway I am hoping to reduce the chance of needing to use legal
action. I really don't want the delay and hassle that goes along with
it.


From: The Older Gentleman on
Mark <i(a)dontgetlotsofspamanymore.net> wrote:

> Can one use the County Court small claims track against a company like
> Paypal?

Of course.


--
BMW K1100LT & K100RS Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER Damn, back to six bikes!
Try Googling before asking a damn silly question.
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com
From: Peter Crosland on
"Mark" <i(a)dontgetlotsofspamanymore.net> wrote in message
news:mjp4c55k73h50207ng0grudq16nc84fi66(a)4ax.com...
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:50:08 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
> <g6jns(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>"Peter Parry" <peter(a)wpp.ltd.uk> wrote in message
>>news:2qd4c5hugpbajfkotd98smog80o6a5nc27(a)4ax.com...
>>> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:32:19 +0100, Spacker
>>
>>>>Would an American company be bound by UK law?
>>>
>>> PayPal (Europe) S.�.r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. is not an American Company.
>>
>>It is still subject to the laws of the country it trades in.
>
> Can one use the County Court small claims track against a company like
> Paypal?
>
> Anyway I am hoping to reduce the chance of needing to use legal
> action. I really don't want the delay and hassle that goes along with
> it.


You probably can't but I don't beleive PayPal would let matters go that far.

Peter Crosland