From: Kim Andrews on
In article <80d1e8Fk0cU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
DribblerREMOVE(a)superTHIScrip.com says...
>
> Thank you very much Peter, you have given us just the ammunition we need.
>
>

Why do you need ammunition? Why does everything have to be a war? You've
been given the go-ahead to claim, and all the necessary info, why make
life difficult?

--
Cheers, Kimbo

Books, by Kimbo!
Used and collectible books at sensible prices.
Buy direct at www.booksbykimbo.com
Find me on Ebid http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Books-by-Kimbo
From: Fran on

"Kim Andrews" <bykimbo(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.260c289c3d867c3d9896f8(a)news.individual.net...
> In article <80d1e8Fk0cU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
> DribblerREMOVE(a)superTHIScrip.com says...
>>
>> Thank you very much Peter, you have given us just the ammunition we need.
>>
>>
>
> Why do you need ammunition? Why does everything have to be a war? You've
> been given the go-ahead to claim, and all the necessary info, why make
> life difficult?
>

Exactly. Sometimes, it seems to me, people seem to be hell bent on getting
their "rights", rather than behaving like reasonable human beings.


From: Peter Crosland on
"Kim Andrews" <bykimbo(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.260c289c3d867c3d9896f8(a)news.individual.net...
> In article <80d1e8Fk0cU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
> DribblerREMOVE(a)superTHIScrip.com says...
>>
>> Thank you very much Peter, you have given us just the ammunition we need.
>
> Why do you need ammunition? Why does everything have to be a war? You've
> been given the go-ahead to claim, and all the necessary info, why make
> life difficult?


Because there is no certainty that the Royal Mail will refund the full
amount the OP has paid, and it can take a long time to receive the money. In
any case the OP has no direct claim against the Royal Mail since he has no
contractual relationship with them. It is not a war but simply the OP
expecting the seller to fulfil there legal obligations.

Peter Crosland


From: Peter Parry on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:32:34 -0000, "Peter Crosland"
<g6jns(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Because there is no certainty that the Royal Mail will refund the full
>amount the OP has paid, and it can take a long time to receive the money.

It can take longer to argue with the seller.

>In any case the OP has no direct claim against the Royal Mail since he has no
>contractual relationship with them.

RM has no contractual relationship with either the sender or the
buyer. Uniquely, their relationship is defined by statute rather than
by contract. That is why they are perfectly happy to accept claims
from either sender or (expected) recipient and treat both in the same
way.

If the amount RM will refund will cover the cost of the item and as
they have already as much as admitted they will pay to the buyer a
pragmatic solution would seem to be for the buyer to claim directly.

>It is not a war but simply the OP expecting the seller to fulfil there legal obligations.

Which they could no doubt persuade them to do, but it may be a lengthy
and time consuming process.


From: Rob Morley on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:48:54 +0000
Peter Parry <peter(a)wpp.ltd.uk> wrote:

> RM has no contractual relationship with either the sender or the
> buyer. Uniquely, their relationship is defined by statute rather than
> by contract. That is why they are perfectly happy to accept claims
> from either sender or (expected) recipient and treat both in the same
> way.
>
> If the amount RM will refund will cover the cost of the item and as
> they have already as much as admitted they will pay to the buyer a
> pragmatic solution would seem to be for the buyer to claim directly.
>
I'm surprised RM doesn't prefer to compensate the seller for his cost
than the buyer for his, presuming that a business seller has some
profit and therefore his cost will be lower.