From: lurker on
Toxic Waste wrote:
> "lurker" <graham423(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> news:hehprd$qaf$1(a)aioe.org...
>> Toxic Waste wrote:
>>
>>> Any thoughts on my position?
>> The fact that you bought 25 suggests to me that you were aware of the
>> pricing error.
>>
>
> My Ebay purchases are normally far larger...

Of course it depends on what you purchased. 25 ipods or 25 pencils...

> The price was cheap, however,
> it was not outrageously so.

That's subjective.

>> Were you planning on selling them on for a profit? Hmm
>>
>
> Hmm. What plans I had for the items, has no bearing on whether they honour a
> sale or not.

Indeed. They won't honour the sale because they will go at a loss.


From: MC on
Rob Morley wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:15:00 GMT
> "Toxic Waste" <Trabant Owners Club(a)nicksplace.co.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Any thoughts on my position?
> >
> I'd have agreed to the cancellation and left neutral feedback already
> - why make hassle and unpleasantness? So you thought you were onto a
> good thing, and it turns out you weren't - get over it.

I disagree. We do not Know how much cheaper these items were. If they
normally sell for �10 each and the seller listed them at �6 each (�1
less than cost for example) I would not consider that obscenely cheap.
It may be a loss for the seller but could be considered a bargain to
the buyer who may believe that the seller is trying to get rid of the
items, for example.

If this scenario was similar to what actually happened then I would
open a dispute if the seller will not shift his position. The seller
accepted his payment and, therefore, the transaction has become a
binding contract to supply.

If the �10 items were only 10p, however, then ones conscious would have
to come into play.

MC
From: "Toxic Waste" Trabant Owners on

"MC" <any(a)any.any> wrote in message
news:xn0gi233gxhdau002(a)bignews.usenetmonster.com...
>> > Any thoughts on my position?
>> >
>> I'd have agreed to the cancellation and left neutral feedback already
>> - why make hassle and unpleasantness? So you thought you were onto a
>> good thing, and it turns out you weren't - get over it.
>
> I disagree. We do not Know how much cheaper these items were. If they
> normally sell for �10 each and the seller listed them at �6 each (�1
> less than cost for example) I would not consider that obscenely cheap.
> It may be a loss for the seller but could be considered a bargain to
> the buyer who may believe that the seller is trying to get rid of the
> items, for example.

The items were just over half the selling price normally found on Ebay,
therefore, they were hardly giving them away. However, I'm well aware that a
large number of the subscribers to this forum are business sellers and as
such, would support a lynch mob being immediately dispatched to any buyer
who has the audacity to stumble upon a good deal on Ebay.

> If this scenario was similar to what actually happened then I would
> open a dispute if the seller will not shift his position. The seller
> accepted his payment and, therefore, the transaction has become a
> binding contract to supply.

My feelings entirly, MC.

> If the �10 items were only 10p, however, then ones conscious would have
> to come into play.

In an effort to settle this dispute amicably, by way of a compromise, I
offered to reduce the number by 60%. This has been dismissed out of hand.

tox


From: The Older Gentleman on
Rob Morley <nospam(a)ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:15:00 GMT
> "Toxic Waste" <Trabant Owners Club(a)nicksplace.co.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Any thoughts on my position?
> >
> I'd have agreed to the cancellation and left neutral feedback already -
> why make hassle and unpleasantness? So you thought you were onto a
> good thing, and it turns out you weren't - get over it.

Depends on the item. Let's say it was..., oh, I dunno, packs of lavatory
paper (unlikely, I know!). Something one always buys and uses, anyway.
Are you telling us you don't bulk buy from time to time when prices are
cheap or shops have an offer running?

I know I do.

OTOH, something like a top-line games console might be a different
kettle of fish.

I think his offer of accepting only 60% of the original order shows a
certain willingness to compromise, too.

If the seller won't sell, file a neg and move on.



--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER GN250 Damn, back to six bikes!
Try Googling before asking a damn silly question.
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com
From: Usenet Nutter on

"lurker" <graham423(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:hehrjp$rvh$1(a)aioe.org...
> Toxic Waste wrote:
>> "lurker" <graham423(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> news:hehprd$qaf$1(a)aioe.org...
>>> Toxic Waste wrote:
>>>
>>>> Any thoughts on my position?
>>> The fact that you bought 25 suggests to me that you were aware of the
>>> pricing error.
>>>
>>
>> My Ebay purchases are normally far larger...
>
> Of course it depends on what you purchased. 25 ipods or 25 pencils...
>
>> The price was cheap, however, it was not outrageously so.
>
> That's subjective.
>
>>> Were you planning on selling them on for a profit? Hmm
>>>
>>
>> Hmm. What plans I had for the items, has no bearing on whether they
>> honour a sale or not.
>
> Indeed. They won't honour the sale because they will go at a loss.
>
>

Sounds a lot like spackie talking, dosn't it?!