From: Fran on

"Willy Eckerslyke" <oss108no_spam(a)bangor.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:7n4ditF3k7drqU1(a)mid.individual.net...
> petrolcan wrote:
>> In article <7n4979F3jsqqmU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Willy Eckerslyke says...
>>> petrolcan wrote:
>>>
>>>> Personally, I would start a dispute.
>>> And how's that going to get him anything more than a refund?
>>
>> Its highly likely that that is all he will get.
>
> Exactly. So he may as well just accept the seller's offer to cancel the
> sale. Why bother starting a dispute?
>
>> TBH, I'm surprised that he has not been refunded as yet, or, if he has
>> been, that he failed to mention it in the original post.
>
> Presumably the seller is waiting for him to agree to the cancellation so
> that they can get their final value fees back and avoid being reported as
> a NPS. So he can either go along with them, or do it the hard way.

He can still neg the seller of course, and/or hit the DSRs. Seller is being
a tad silly.


From: "Toxic Waste" Trabant Owners on

"Willy Eckerslyke" <oss108no_spam(a)bangor.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:7n4ditF3k7drqU1(a)mid.individual.net...
>
> Exactly. So he may as well just accept the seller's offer to cancel the
> sale. Why bother starting a dispute?
>
>> TBH, I'm surprised that he has not been refunded as yet, or, if he has
>> been, that he failed to mention it in the original post.
>
> Presumably the seller is waiting for him to agree to the cancellation so
> that they can get their final value fees back and avoid being reported as
> a NPS. So he can either go along with them, or do it the hard way.

The seller has not refunded, but they have asked me to agree to do so.

tox


From: TOG on
On 25 Nov, 09:02, petrolcan <petrolcanS...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> TBH, I'm surprised that he has not been refunded as yet, or, if he has
> been, that he failed to mention it in the original post.

Surprises me as well.
From: TOG on
On 25 Nov, 10:17, "Toxic Waste" <Trabant Owners
C...(a)nicksplace.co.com> wrote:
> "Willy Eckerslyke" <oss108no_s...(a)bangor.ac.uk> wrote in message
>
> news:7n4ditF3k7drqU1(a)mid.individual.net...
>
>
>
> > Exactly. So he may as well just accept the seller's offer to cancel the
> > sale. Why bother starting a dispute?
>
> >> TBH, I'm surprised that he has not been refunded as yet, or, if he has
> >> been, that he failed to mention it in the original post.
>
> > Presumably the seller is waiting for him to agree to the cancellation so
> > that they can get their final value fees back and avoid being reported as
> > a NPS. So he can either go along with them, or do it the hard way.
>
> The seller has not refunded, but they have asked me to agree to do so.
>
Ah. Looks like seller is hoping to avoid a neg. Am I right in thinking
you can't leave a neg if you've both officially agreed not to complete
the deal?
From: Niel J Humphreys on
"TOG(a)Toil" <totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:583d27dc-a729-464a-96e2-b6b7b85b78b1(a)l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
> On 25 Nov, 10:17, "Toxic Waste" <Trabant Owners
> C...(a)nicksplace.co.com> wrote:
>> "Willy Eckerslyke" <oss108no_s...(a)bangor.ac.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> news:7n4ditF3k7drqU1(a)mid.individual.net...
>>
>>
>>
>> > Exactly. So he may as well just accept the seller's offer to cancel the
>> > sale. Why bother starting a dispute?
>>
>> >> TBH, I'm surprised that he has not been refunded as yet, or, if he has
>> >> been, that he failed to mention it in the original post.
>>
>> > Presumably the seller is waiting for him to agree to the cancellation
>> > so
>> > that they can get their final value fees back and avoid being reported
>> > as
>> > a NPS. So he can either go along with them, or do it the hard way.
>>
>> The seller has not refunded, but they have asked me to agree to do so.
>>
> Ah. Looks like seller is hoping to avoid a neg. Am I right in thinking
> you can't leave a neg if you've both officially agreed not to complete
> the deal?

Nope only if the buyer does not respond to an unpaid item dispute.

I suspect the seller merely wants to make sure the buyer will agree to an
Ebay cancellation in order for the fees to be refunded and is making the
refund conditional upon that.

Not really the done thing but neither would be the seller refunding and then
the buyer refusing to cancel the deal meaning the seller would have to pay
the Ebay commission on money they have not had. This would be un-appealable
even though there would be a refund on record and something Ebay needs to
address to avoid some sellers feeling the need to do this to protect their
fee refunds.