From: Solar Flare on
Same old troll.
You have been discovered.

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4vjr4aF1c7a5dU1(a)mid.individual.net...
> Solar Flare <solaerfart(a)hootmail.invalidated> wrote
>
>> There is no spreadsheet.
>
> There is in your question.
>
>> You are the one suggesting the spreadsheet.
>
> You are the one that asked that question.
>
>> Post any spreadsheet code here so we can paste it into our
>> spreadsheet compilers.
>
> You post a link to the spreadsheet, stupid.
>
>
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>> Solar Flare <solaerfart(a)hootmail.invalidated> wrote
>>>
>>>> Can you post some spreadsheet math and see if anybody can use it?
>>>> Cut and paste it into their spread sheet?
>>>
>>> You post a link to the spreadsheet.
>>>
>>>> I wasn't promoting C at all in case you didn't catch that.
>>>
>>> That was obvious.
>>>
>>>> C is a horrible language.
>>>
>>> Thats overstating it, but its certainly not appropriate for the
>>> sort of stuff that Nick posts, just because most cant read it.
>>>
>>>> Visual Basic has gotos in it
>>>
>>> Yes, but only a fool uses nothing else.
>>>
>>>> and an EXITIF is a goto with a fancy name and a condition.
>>>
>>> Wrong, it isnt as general as a goto and its a lot more obvious
>>> when reading the code what happens when it gets triggered.
>>>
>>>
>>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>>
>>>>> He'd be a lot better off using Visual Basic, and should be using
>>>>> a
>>>>> spreadsheet anyway.
>
>


From: Solar Flare on
Post a spreadsheet here Rod. Until you do, please shove the
spreadsheet idea.

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4vjrccF1ci4d8U1(a)mid.individual.net...
> Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo(a)eircom.net> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>> Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo(a)eircom.net> wrote
>>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>
>>>>> Corse he should be using a spreadsheet, not a progamming
>>>>> language.
>
>>>> Nah a programming language is portable - spreadsheet code is not.
>
>>> Excel is as portable as you need, the free spreadsheets support it
>>> fine.
>
>> I usually use xspread[1] when I want a spreadsheet,
>> I presume you are thinking of things like OpenOffice.org
>
> Nope. The vast bulk of the free spreadsheets are happy to load excel
> spreadsheets.
>
>> which I find almost as unpleasant to use as MS Office products,
>
> It aint the only free one around that is happy to import excel
> spreadsheets.
>
>> as well as being several orders of magnitude larger than I like.
>
> Your problem.
>
>> [1] Yes I don't tend to want a sophisticated spreadsheet :)
>
> More fool you, particularly when loading someone else's spreadsheet.
>


From: Solar Flare on
Links are not required. Post a real spreadsheet. Make one up and post
it here.

Until you post a spreadsheet, shove the idea.

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4vjrefF1cpeemU1(a)mid.individual.net...
> Solar Flare <solaerfart(a)hootmail.invalidated> wrote
>
>> Post one.
>
>> In the last round about spreadsheets you avoided the issue by
>> posting apparent confusion.
>
> Wrong, as always.
>
>> Demonstrate how spreadsheet code can be ported to somebody else.
>> Post one here.
>
> You post a link to the spreadsheet, stupid.
>
>
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>> Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo(a)eircom.net> wrote
>>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>
>>>>> Corse he should be using a spreadsheet, not a progamming
>>>>> language.
>
>>>> Nah a programming language is portable - spreadsheet code is not.
>
>>> Excel is as portable as you need, the free spreadsheets support it
>>> fine.
>
>


From: Morris Dovey on
rst0wxyz(a)yahoo.com wrote:

| I want to talk about Control Data, too, so this post and Morris
| Dovey's post are related.
|
| Back in the late 1960s, Call360 was developed in downtown San Jose
| by SBC (Service Bureau Corporation, a subsidiary comppany of IBM).
| I was one of the first user/testers of Call360. Later on, SBC was
| given to Control Data because of the "Phantom Machine" law suit
| won by Control Data. You must be in the part of Control Data that
| used to be SBC.

Interesting. So was I (in East Fishkill and Kingston labs). When SBC
was parceled off to CDC, I was transferred into IBM proper.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto


From: nicksanspam on
rst0wxyz(a)yahoo.com <rst0wxyz(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Back in the late 1960s, Call360 was developed in downtown San Jose by
>SBC (Service Bureau Corporation, a subsidiary comppany of IBM). I was
>one of the first user/testers of Call360. Later on, SBC was given to
>Control Data because of the "Phantom Machine" law suit won by Control
>Data. You must be in the part of Control Data that used to be SBC.

Actually no. Our rag-tag band of a half-dozen engineers mostly came from
Philco and General Atronics as Preston Associates (with consulting help
from Mauchly), then we became a part of TRG, then CDC's Rosemont Signal
Intelligence Labooratory, which folded into their aerospace division.

Nick