From: Dodgy Geezer on
Fran wrote:
> "michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> news:7u8mc5Fh99U1(a)mid.individual.net...
>> "Fran" <autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote in message
>> news:hln72g$40r$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
>>> "michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
>>> news:7u8l4hFb83U1(a)mid.individual.net...
>>>> "Fran" <autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:hln3la$n3n$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
>>>>> "michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
>>>>> news:7u8hnsFp56U1(a)mid.individual.net...
>>>>>
>>>>>> Also I like Parcelforce's delivery policy they leave it with a
>>>>>> neighbour or the local post office for around 30? days
>>>>>> and card matey so there's no point in his refusing it.
>>>>> Wrong.
>>>> 16 days then O.K ? Smartypants. Thats what the "?" was for.
>>>>
>>>> "We deliver to an address, not a named individual. When no one
>>>> is available to accept the item, we will try and deliver the
>>>> parcel to a neighbour, or to a local Post Office branch, where
>>>> it will be held for 16 days. A card will be left informing the
>>>> recipient of the attempted delivery and where the parcel can
>>>> be collected from."
>>>>
>>> This bit: "there's no point in his refusing it."
>> There isn't as in refusing to co-operate in the procedure he's
>> admitting he's in the wrong. Otherwise all sellers could refuse
>> to accept any returns simply by not answering the door and
>> tearing up cards and Paypal couldn't refund any buyers at all.
>>
>
> If he doesn't collect it or refuses it, PayPal can refuse the refund.
> Happens a great deal.
>
>

In my experience, Paypal have refunded on recorded deliveries that I
haven't picked up.
From: "Raj Kundra" raj on


"michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
news:7u8hnsFp56U1(a)mid.individual.net...
>
> "Mike" <turnpike_user(a)turnpike_REMOVEuser.THIScomANDTHIS> wrote in message
> news:TohCWbIQOwfLFwvU(a)turnpike.home...
>> In message <7u7fkhFituU1(a)mid.individual.net>
>> at 12:49:30 on Fri, 19 Feb 2010, michael adams <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk>
>> wrote
>> >Thanks for that. With recorded delivery I could just send a letter for
>> >all the
>> >website says. With Parcelforce at least its a parcel. I'll check out the
>> >nearest
>> >Parcelforce depot and take it from there
>> >
>> You don't need to - you can drop it off at a PO and for some reason, the
>> PO prices are �2 cheaper than those quoted on the PF website, and fully
>> trackable on the PF website (with quick updates too)
>>
>> V efficient too - sometimes they get there next day
>> --
>> Mike News
>
> As luck would have it they have a depot quite near where I go
> on Saturday mornings anyway. You get �1 off, dropping off
> at the depot. Its also near a B&Q and Staples which I like to
> wander around. I think this is a lucky omen
>
> Also I like Parcelforce's delivery policy they leave it with a
> neighbour or the local post office for around 30? days
> and card matey so there's no point in his refusing it.
> I've just taken about 20 photos of me packing the thing
> as well in case he says it arrived damaged. I'm really
> not worried about the cost �12 or �15 - that's a slap on
> the wrist for me buying from a seller with zero feedback.
> Just so long as the seller doesn't get to hold on to any
> of my money,
>
> He's out for �15 too as he spent �15 on postage which he's
> refunding me but then he described it wrongly and it is
> unusable as it is.
>
> Just now I'm trying to get his phone no through his
> contact details which parcelforce require. This wasn't
> on the details Paypal sent me.
>
> Its just arrived and I've just now realised that the ebay seller
> and the seller according to Paypal are two different people presumably
> husband and wife as they have the same surname. The thick plottens as
> they say. Often tough sounding ebay names have girly paypal
> names but this is two different people. I think.
>
> michael adams
>
>

What is the item no?


From: michael adams on

"Raj Kundra" <raj(a)REM0VE THISkundracomputers.co.uk> wrote in message
news:njQfn.42232$Ym4.10957(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
>
>
> "michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> news:7u8hnsFp56U1(a)mid.individual.net...
> >
> > "Mike" <turnpike_user(a)turnpike_REMOVEuser.THIScomANDTHIS> wrote in message
> > news:TohCWbIQOwfLFwvU(a)turnpike.home...
> >> In message <7u7fkhFituU1(a)mid.individual.net>
> >> at 12:49:30 on Fri, 19 Feb 2010, michael adams <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk>
> >> wrote
> >> >Thanks for that. With recorded delivery I could just send a letter for
> >> >all the
> >> >website says. With Parcelforce at least its a parcel. I'll check out the
> >> >nearest
> >> >Parcelforce depot and take it from there
> >> >
> >> You don't need to - you can drop it off at a PO and for some reason, the
> >> PO prices are �2 cheaper than those quoted on the PF website, and fully
> >> trackable on the PF website (with quick updates too)
> >>
> >> V efficient too - sometimes they get there next day
> >> --
> >> Mike News
> >
> > As luck would have it they have a depot quite near where I go
> > on Saturday mornings anyway. You get �1 off, dropping off
> > at the depot. Its also near a B&Q and Staples which I like to
> > wander around. I think this is a lucky omen
> >
> > Also I like Parcelforce's delivery policy they leave it with a
> > neighbour or the local post office for around 30? days
> > and card matey so there's no point in his refusing it.
> > I've just taken about 20 photos of me packing the thing
> > as well in case he says it arrived damaged. I'm really
> > not worried about the cost �12 or �15 - that's a slap on
> > the wrist for me buying from a seller with zero feedback.
> > Just so long as the seller doesn't get to hold on to any
> > of my money,
> >
> > He's out for �15 too as he spent �15 on postage which he's
> > refunding me but then he described it wrongly and it is
> > unusable as it is.
> >
> > Just now I'm trying to get his phone no through his
> > contact details which parcelforce require. This wasn't
> > on the details Paypal sent me.
> >
> > Its just arrived and I've just now realised that the ebay seller
> > and the seller according to Paypal are two different people presumably
> > husband and wife as they have the same surname. The thick plottens as
> > they say. Often tough sounding ebay names have girly paypal
> > names but this is two different people. I think.
> >
> > michael adams
> >
> >
>
> What is the item no?

Sorry. I'm paranoid (nobody's perfect) and so never give items no's
seller id's anything to connect me with the outside world.
As I don't make my living on Ebay but if I did and it was to my
advantage then that might be different. I have however posted my
own pictures including the one I posted in my Paypal claim

http://i46.tinypic.com/awdbty.jpg


michael adams

....


>
>


From: "Raj Kundra" raj on

"michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
news:7uacsaFolfU1(a)mid.individual.net...
>>
>> What is the item no?
>
> Sorry. I'm paranoid (nobody's perfect) and so never give items no's
> seller id's anything to connect me with the outside world.
> As I don't make my living on Ebay but if I did and it was to my
> advantage then that might be different. I have however posted my
> own pictures including the one I posted in my Paypal claim
>
> http://i46.tinypic.com/awdbty.jpg
>
>
> michael adams
>
>

There are 2 sides to each story!
If you are that paranoid, then you should not put it on the NG.

Since paypal agreed for you send it back, for refund, you should just send
it back.
Regardless what ever you send back (I heard bricks mentioned), as long as
trackable proof is provided, paypal will refund you your money.


From: "Raj Kundra" raj on
"michael adams" <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
news:7uacsaFolfU1(a)mid.individual.net...
>
> Sorry. I'm paranoid (nobody's perfect) and so never give items no's
> seller id's anything to connect me with the outside world.
> As I don't make my living on Ebay but if I did and it was to my
> advantage then that might be different. I have however posted my
> own pictures including the one I posted in my Paypal claim
>
> http://i46.tinypic.com/awdbty.jpg
>
>
>

Just looked at that picture of rounded screw.
If you know how to use these tools then how hard it is to remove that screw?
Just a matter if making a slot with something and taking the screw out.
I am surprised that you rather send item back and waste your money on
shipping then just take the screw out and sort it yourself.
Either way you are going to loose some money.
If it is just matter or principal or you just want to prove yourself right,
then ........................................!