From: SS on
Here we go again, TL is giving me problems.
It shuts down when I try and compact and back up or if I change to another
user
or if I synchronise, it probably shuts down with other things as well but
never got that far.
It basicall opens but I darent do anything after that but stare at the
screen.

I have around 160 items listed so dont want to lose anything if possible.
I have posted on the TL forum but no reply as yet.

Question? If I delete and re install TL can I call import my listings back
into my accounts,
or if I sunchronise will it pick them off ebay.

Any help appreciated.


From: petrolcan on
In article <TGK_n.1354$AS4.1062(a)hurricane>, SS says...
>
> Here we go again, TL is giving me problems.
> It shuts down when I try and compact and back up or if I change to another
> user
> or if I synchronise, it probably shuts down with other things as well but
> never got that far.
> It basicall opens but I darent do anything after that but stare at the
> screen.
>
> I have around 160 items listed so dont want to lose anything if possible.
> I have posted on the TL forum but no reply as yet.
>
> Question? If I delete and re install TL can I call import my listings back
> into my accounts,

Yes, assuming you had them backed up already. It might be worth copying your
latest backup before uninstalling.

> or if I sunchronise will it pick them off ebay.

I believe it will sync from ebay for the last 60 days.

From: Niel Humphreys on
"SS" <nonense50(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:TGK_n.1354$AS4.1062(a)hurricane...
> Here we go again, TL is giving me problems.
> It shuts down when I try and compact and back up or if I change to another
> user
> or if I synchronise, it probably shuts down with other things as well but
> never got that far.
> It basicall opens but I darent do anything after that but stare at the
> screen.
>
> I have around 160 items listed so dont want to lose anything if possible.
> I have posted on the TL forum but no reply as yet.
>
> Question? If I delete and re install TL can I call import my listings
> back into my accounts,
> or if I sunchronise will it pick them off ebay.
>
> Any help appreciated.


Happened to me so now I never bother compacting or shite like that.

I just created a new user then imported everything from the most recent
backup available at the time & then deleted the original user. Worked fine,
now I just manually delete the history to keep the data file down.
--



From: petrolcan on
In article <i1fvl1$ktv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Niel Humphreys says...

<of TL>

> now I just manually delete the history to keep the data file down.

It took me a while to realise that each time you back up it creates a new file
rather that overwriting the old one.

My first delete cleared 1.5 gb!

From: SS on

"petrolcan" <petrolcan(a)SPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.26a595838f999986989802(a)news.virginmedia.com...
> In article <i1fvl1$ktv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Niel Humphreys
> says...
>
> <of TL>
>
>> now I just manually delete the history to keep the data file down.
>
> It took me a while to realise that each time you back up it creates a new
> file
> rather that overwriting the old one.
>
> My first delete cleared 1.5 gb!
>
>
Ok I reinstalled TL and I am having the same problems. It hasnt cured it.
I did click to save back up files so looks like I am going to have to delete
back up and try again.

So its iether the back up files or my PC but as everything else is OK I
suspect TL.

No choice but to try again.


 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Watch out if you sell refurbished PC's.
Next: Furriners