From: Gary Baldi on
I'll keep this short and sweet; ordered an item which hadn't arrived
after a fortnight so I filed an "item not received" dispute.

Seller responded with, basically, item was posted but no tracking id.

Whilst PayPal are busy spanking their monkeys deciding what to do, the
item turns up (mysteriously with a postmark from the day the dispute
was filed).

Hey ho, so I then find out it's a dodgy USB drive (16GB advertised,
actual capacity 2GB).

Can I close one dispute and open another?
From: The Older Gentleman on
Gary Baldi <tim.richards(a)gmx.com> wrote:

> I'll keep this short and sweet; ordered an item which hadn't arrived
> after a fortnight so I filed an "item not received" dispute.
>
> Seller responded with, basically, item was posted but no tracking id.
>
> Whilst PayPal are busy spanking their monkeys deciding what to do, the
> item turns up (mysteriously with a postmark from the day the dispute
> was filed).
>
> Hey ho, so I then find out it's a dodgy USB drive (16GB advertised,
> actual capacity 2GB).
>
> Can I close one dispute and open another?

Name and shame first ;-)


--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER GN250 Damn, back to six bikes!
Try Googling before asking a damn silly question.
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com
From: petrolcan on
In article <cfd6a3a6-f1c1-4101-ac87-520ef4015075
@k4g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, Gary Baldi says...
>
> I'll keep this short and sweet; ordered an item which hadn't arrived
> after a fortnight so I filed an "item not received" dispute.
>
> Seller responded with, basically, item was posted but no tracking id.
>
> Whilst PayPal are busy spanking their monkeys deciding what to do, the
> item turns up (mysteriously with a postmark from the day the dispute
> was filed).
>
> Hey ho, so I then find out it's a dodgy USB drive (16GB advertised,
> actual capacity 2GB).
>
> Can I close one dispute and open another?

Did the received item have tracking?

You can change the reason for the dispute to item not as described.
From: R Gower on

"The Older Gentleman" <totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1jaiw3y.hux7i213t6um8N%totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk...
> Gary Baldi <tim.richards(a)gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll keep this short and sweet; ordered an item which hadn't arrived
>> after a fortnight so I filed an "item not received" dispute.
>>
>> Seller responded with, basically, item was posted but no tracking id.
>>
>> Whilst PayPal are busy spanking their monkeys deciding what to do, the
>> item turns up (mysteriously with a postmark from the day the dispute
>> was filed).
>>
>> Hey ho, so I then find out it's a dodgy USB drive (16GB advertised,
>> actual capacity 2GB).
>>
>> Can I close one dispute and open another?
>
> Name and shame first ;-)
>
>
> --

He would if the complaint was genuine. The silence suggests it is not.


From: Gary Baldi on
On Dec 11, 12:11 am, "R Gower" <r.go...(a)nospam.ntl.com> wrote:

> He would if the complaint was genuine.  The silence suggests it is not.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Muppet comment duly noted.

When the refund arrives (ha ha, PayPal's buyer protection is about as
real as the moon landings) I'll name and shame.

Now get back to your homework.