From: johannes on


John wrote:
>
> "johannes" <johs(a)sizefit4364666643ter.com> wrote in message
> news:48F0DDD1.F5D7AD1D(a)sizefit4364666643ter.com...
> > Yes, but they all have an outboard transformer plug. I don't like that, I
> > already have a box full of them and don't know which is which. And the
> > wire
> > is thin and breaks. If there is one without out the dreaded transformer
> > plug,
> > I much prefer that one.
> >
> > They probably do it that way because 1) It removes the responsibility
> > for mains voltage safety in the charger, and 2) they source the
> > transformer
> > plug from cheap a general supplier who makes millions of them in china.
>
> It's mainly so they only need a single production line to make one charger
> then they can just supply a cheap transformer to suit the country it's sold
> in.
> Have you thought about using two Uniross chargers that plug directly into
> the socket?
> http://www.qfonic.com/uniross-battery-charger-xpress-150-charger-aaaaa9v-incl-p-2910.html

Thanks, yes this is in the right direction. It's integrated into the plug
which is not ideal if the plug is near the floor or if it covers the space
on an extension panel for neighbouring plugs. But at least it's cheap and
postage is free! I might consider.
From: johannes on


John wrote:
>
> "johannes" <johs(a)sizefit4364666643ter.com> wrote in message
> news:48F0DDD1.F5D7AD1D(a)sizefit4364666643ter.com...
> > Yes, but they all have an outboard transformer plug. I don't like that, I
> > already have a box full of them and don't know which is which. And the
> > wire
> > is thin and breaks. If there is one without out the dreaded transformer
> > plug,
> > I much prefer that one.
> >
> > They probably do it that way because 1) It removes the responsibility
> > for mains voltage safety in the charger, and 2) they source the
> > transformer
> > plug from cheap a general supplier who makes millions of them in china.
>
> It's mainly so they only need a single production line to make one charger
> then they can just supply a cheap transformer to suit the country it's sold
> in.
> Have you thought about using two Uniross chargers that plug directly into
> the socket?
> http://www.qfonic.com/uniross-battery-charger-xpress-150-charger-aaaaa9v-incl-p-2910.html

However, I disagree with the requirement to provide DOB for completing the
checkout, so no deal with this vendor!
From: Adrian C on
johannes wrote:
>
> However, I disagree with the requirement to provide DOB for completing the
> checkout, so no deal with this vendor!

Use Google Checkout then. That's what it's for! :-)

--
Adrian C
From: johannes on


Adrian C wrote:
>
> johannes wrote:
> >
> > However, I disagree with the requirement to provide DOB for completing the
> > checkout, so no deal with this vendor!
>
> Use Google Checkout then. That's what it's for! :-)

Too cumbersome. I entered the DOB 12/10/2008 and it accepted LOL!
From: Adrian C on
johannes wrote:
>
> Adrian C wrote:
>> johannes wrote:
>>> However, I disagree with the requirement to provide DOB for completing the
>>> checkout, so no deal with this vendor!
>> Use Google Checkout then. That's what it's for! :-)
>
> Too cumbersome. I entered the DOB 12/10/2008 and it accepted LOL!

Don't the instructions for this kind of kit warn against use by minors?

:-P

--
Adrian C