From: petrolcan on
In article <6UThn.18671$h21.14465(a)newsfe07.ams2>, John Hopkins says...
>
> I am always dismayed when the 'Power Sellers' and 'Business Sellers' hold
> people to ransom. 'I will leave only leave feedback for you after you have
> left positive for me'

Its not just business sellers that do that.

> Surely once the buyer had paid for their item their part is finished and so
> feedback should be left then.

Feedback is not obligatory.

As a seller, I always leave feedback as soon as someone pays for an
item.

As a buyer, I leave feedback when I am happy with what I have received
(which sometimes can take a couple of weeks for testing etc).


From: Paul Stevenson on

"Toby" <Toby(a)nomail.com> wrote in message
news:MuadnRCMV537qhXWnZ2dnUVZ7qOdnZ2d(a)bt.com...

>>
>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---
>
Snipped
>
> I also believe though that no party should ask or expect feedback at all.

Toby,

absolutely!

I always leave feedback where I can but I never expect or request FB.

PDS


--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---
From: Fran on

"Lordy.UK" <spam(a)recycle.bin> wrote in message
news:MPG.25f326d4b8beb6c9989728(a)news.virginmedia.com...
>> Surely once the buyer had paid for their item their part is
>> finished and so feedback should be left then.
>
> Why would a buyer be bothered about feedback?
> (Other than to play some silly counting game of course).
>

Precisely.


From: Theo Markettos on
Lordy.UK <spam(a)recycle.bin> wrote:
> > Surely once the buyer had paid for their item their part is
> > finished and so feedback should be left then.
>
> Why would a buyer be bothered about feedback?
> (Other than to play some silly counting game of course).

Because it means they have a reputation by which they can sell things later?

Anyway, I thought sellers could only leave positive feedback now? So the
seller is saying 'if you're a pain I won't leave positive feedback'. Sounds
reasonable to me. It's not a neg.

Theo
From: Rob Morley on
On 27 Feb 2010 15:59:03 +0000 (GMT)
Theo Markettos <theom+news(a)chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Lordy.UK <spam(a)recycle.bin> wrote:
> > > Surely once the buyer had paid for their item their part is
> > > finished and so feedback should be left then.
> >
> > Why would a buyer be bothered about feedback?
> > (Other than to play some silly counting game of course).
>
> Because it means they have a reputation by which they can sell things
> later?
>
Only if people don't look at the "feedback received as a seller" count,
or whatever it's called, which is the only relevant metric.