From: Kráftéé on
Purchased a HD caddy (including HD) on the 8th with a promise of next day
delivery.

Nothing...

I check on the listing and a tracking number is there and when I trace that
there has supposedly been 2 attempted deliveries. Funny that someone has
been in the house all this time and no card.

So I check with the carrier who were nice and polite until I gave my full
address. Apparently this 'super seller' has sent it to the wrong address
and they can't give me the details due to the 'data protection act'.

Now how is PayPal going to jump on this one? It has a tracking number etc,
shows 2 attempts to deliver and yet hasn't got my confirmed PayPal address
on it. The seller appears reticent in their communications i.e no response
(so far).

Yes the company has offered to redeliver to my address but at a cost, by
which time I may as well go to my local 'shed' and buy something which I
can throw back at them when it goes wrong instead of dealing with a numpty
who hasn't got the brains or knowledge to cut and paste a address correctly
and when they've been found lacking appear to just want to ignore the issue
(yes I am truly very annoyed as it is now holding up a project I had planned
for this weekend).

Discuss...

From: Peter Crosland on
"Kr�ft��" <kr�ft��@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
news:0OednQ3CScesEc3WnZ2dnUVZ7tWdnZ2d(a)bt.com...
> Purchased a HD caddy (including HD) on the 8th with a promise of next day
> delivery.
>
> Nothing...
>
> I check on the listing and a tracking number is there and when I trace
> that there has supposedly been 2 attempted deliveries. Funny that someone
> has been in the house all this time and no card.
>
> So I check with the carrier who were nice and polite until I gave my full
> address. Apparently this 'super seller' has sent it to the wrong address
> and they can't give me the details due to the 'data protection act'.
>
> Now how is PayPal going to jump on this one? It has a tracking number
> etc, shows 2 attempts to deliver and yet hasn't got my confirmed PayPal
> address on it. The seller appears reticent in their communications i.e no
> response (so far).
>
> Yes the company has offered to redeliver to my address but at a cost, by
> which time I may as well go to my local 'shed' and buy something which I
> can throw back at them when it goes wrong instead of dealing with a numpty
> who hasn't got the brains or knowledge to cut and paste a address
> correctly and when they've been found lacking appear to just want to
> ignore the issue (yes I am truly very annoyed as it is now holding up a
> project I had planned for this weekend).


It is entirely the business seller's responsibility to deliver it to you
safely. If need be quote the following to them.

"Sale of Goods Act as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods to
Consumers Regulations 2002.

Section 20 Passing of risk

(4) In a case where the buyer deals as consumer... the goods remain
at the seller's risk until they are delivered to the consumer."

As for PayPal they have no resaon not to refund even if their system is
defective inasmuch as it does not show the address delvery was made to.


Peter Crosland


From: Fran on

"Peter Crosland" <g6jns(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3qCdnUVtcaS_Ks3WnZ2dnUVZ7qSdnZ2d(a)brightview.co.uk...

> As for PayPal they have no resaon not to refund even if their system is
> defective inasmuch as it does not show the address delvery was made to.
>

They won't refund if there's a PoD.


From: Kráftéé on

"Fran" <autumnacorn(a)vendredi.fr.com> wrote in message
news:hiqdfg$84b$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
>
> "Peter Crosland" <g6jns(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:3qCdnUVtcaS_Ks3WnZ2dnUVZ7qSdnZ2d(a)brightview.co.uk...
>
>> As for PayPal they have no resaon not to refund even if their system is
>> defective inasmuch as it does not show the address delvery was made to.
>>
>
> They won't refund if there's a PoD.
>
>

Here we go.......

Still no response from the seller, can't help but wonder why, oh and by the
way my full address is listed with my PayPal account so it does look like a
bodged cut and paste to me


From: Kevin F Stubbs on
> They won't refund if there's a PoD.

Proof of Failure to Deliver isn't the same thing as PoD. The seller has
to prove it was actually delivered to the buyer and he accepted
delivery. I assume, the courier will eventually return it to the seller
if it cannot be delivered to the wrong address so a valid online PoD to
the buyer just isn't going to happen as it stands.

Cheers

Kevin