Prev: LoveFilm
Next: Chiminea
From: Hypnogoddess on
On 10 May, 12:07, nl <n...(a)codologyBORROX.com> wrote:
> On 9 May 2007 12:03:13 -0700, lofty44 <rr198...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> >Porcelain dinner service - Porcelaine De Limoges
> >Bid
> > 320109420954 £155.00 Pick up only 6 belizmat (111Feedback is
> >100 to 499) 21h 06m
> > Crystal Decanter
> >Bid
> > 320109421705 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> >to 499) 21h 10m
> > 6 Crystal/Cristal Champagne Glasses
> >Bid
> > 320109422427 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> >to 499) 21h 12m
> > 6 Crystal/Cristal Wine Glasses
> >Bid
> > 320109423366 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> >to 499) 21h 15m
> > 6 Crystal/Cristal Wine Glasses
> >Bid
> > 320109423978 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> >to 499) 21h 16m
>
> Two things come to mind:
>
> The market value of anything is what it sells for. It does not matter
> if the seller says its worth £9k, if it's going on ebay for £100,
> that's what it's worth. Putting your initials on it will lessen the
> value, not increase it (unless you're Elvis or the Queen) because
> no-one else will want it.
>
> Secondly, what sort of a company sells its 'classy' wares in a
> time-share type presentation at a hotel, where you have to sign up
> there and then?
>
> If you want to give your children an heirloom that appreciates, buy
> them property. If you want to buy them decent crockery, go to John
> Lewis. If you want to buy valuable porcelain, buy a book or get on
> the Net and research genuine antique porcelain so you know what to
> look for and where to look. Don't take the word of some spiv who's
> hired a hotel suite for the afternoon, flogging 'manufactured
> rarities'.

I see listing descs, but no URLs; so I guess I will have to go up to
ebay
and do my own research. For someone who is trying to dissuade, this
is kinda weak, yes? Yet I will do so. I've also joined the Y Group
and
will be contacting the Trade and Standards office tomorrow for London
area.

And those listing types were what were described to us as what PDL
was trying to avoid in the first place! So obviously these are the
ones
who went back on their promise or never intended to keep it in the
first place.

This has caused a rift between myself and my husband's family; we
don't
have a John Lewis near us, I'm not sure I want antique as opposed to
modern,
and neither of us has the credit base for property, plus my
gandchildren are
in the United States; so what good would property on UK soil do them
in the
first place?

Yet I will accept all input and use same to make an informed decision;
I only have
about two business days left to do so.

BTW...if I have to send back the crystal, would any of YOU be willing
to pay the
return postage? HMMMM?

From: Hypnogoddess on
On 9 May, 20:03, lofty44 <rr198...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Porcelain dinner service - Porcelaine De Limoges
> Bid
> 320109420954 £155.00 Pick up only 6 belizmat (111Feedback is
> 100 to 499) 21h 06m
> Crystal Decanter
> Bid
> 320109421705 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> to 499) 21h 10m
> 6 Crystal/Cristal Champagne Glasses
> Bid
> 320109422427 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> to 499) 21h 12m
> 6 Crystal/Cristal Wine Glasses
> Bid
> 320109423366 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> to 499) 21h 15m
> 6 Crystal/Cristal Wine Glasses
> Bid
> 320109423978 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> to 499) 21h 16m

I am on eBay.co.uk at this moment and none of the listed items are
appearing. Perhaps they have
ended already? Now checking the seller, as I see all of them are
being vended by one person.

From: lofty44 on
On 11 May, 01:41, Hypnogoddess <hypnoenchantr...(a)hypnotic-
enchantress.com> wrote:
> On 9 May, 20:03, lofty44 <rr198...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Porcelain dinner service - Porcelaine DeLimoges
> > Bid
> > 320109420954 £155.00 Pick up only 6 belizmat (111Feedback is
> > 100 to 499) 21h 06m
> > Crystal Decanter
> > Bid
> > 320109421705 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> > to 499) 21h 10m
> > 6 Crystal/Cristal Champagne Glasses
> > Bid
> > 320109422427 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> > to 499) 21h 12m
> > 6 Crystal/Cristal Wine Glasses
> > Bid
> > 320109423366 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> > to 499) 21h 15m
> > 6 Crystal/Cristal Wine Glasses
> > Bid
> > 320109423978 £10.00 Pick up only 0 belizmat (111Feedback is 100
> > to 499) 21h 16m
>
> I am on eBay.co.uk at this moment and none of the listed items are
> appearing. Perhaps they have
> ended already? Now checking the seller, as I see all of them are
> being vended by one person.

The dinner service sold for £182 glasses did not sell at £10 a set

From: lofty44 on



> This has caused a rift between myself and my husband's family; we
> don't
> have a John Lewis near us,

With near £3000 to spend have a couple of days out to a John Lewis ,
buy something special to save for the grandchildren, and yourself,
and guess you will have plenty of change left over
In my experience though they would like something thats useful , been
in the family a long time, value is not a consideration . My
daughter loves her grandads barometer , simply because it was
grandads .

While your waiting for this to be sorted , why not go to a local
auctioner and get an opionion on the glasses


I

From: lofty44 on
For pictures of one of the sales presentation by undercover agent
that proberly helped blew the DM tread out of the water

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7487989(a)N06/sets/72157600023462164/comments/

for details of peoples experience and copies original Daily mail
thread remove by the daily mail once lawyers got involved

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/prestigedelimoges/

Please feel free to post these links to s many places as possible

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: LoveFilm
Next: Chiminea