From: petrolcan on
In article <ha9oiq$8l1$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Fran says...
>
> "petrolcan" <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.25321ad3c756c725989895(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> In article <ha8m0o$pls$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Fran says...
> >
> > "Peter Parry" <peter(a)wpp.ltd.uk> wrote in message
> > news:0jffc5pnuk7qis8u38e0l2tb2lvksj3efr(a)4ax.com...
> > > On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 22:03:47 +0100, "Fran" <usenet1304(a)btinternet.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > >>"petrolcan" <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > >>news:MPG.2531cb16a38ef62f98988c(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>In the unlikely event that someone had bid it up to the value of an
> > >>actual camera I would not have gone through with the sale. I don't treat
> > >>ebay users the way you do.
> > >>
> > >>====
> > >
> > >>Then you should not have taken the buyer's money.
> > >
> > > If you know of any EOS350D going for £5.50 please let me know :-).
> > >
> > > Spacker is clearly unhinged and beyond rational discussion but I'm a
> > > bit surprised that you would think the attempted sale of a photo
> > > described as a laptop for the price of a laptop and a box described
> > > (several times) as a box for the price of a box are in any way
> > > comparable.
> > >
> >
> > I did not compare those two instances, nor have I made that statement at
> > all.
> >
> > The buyer said he made a mistake, and would allow petrolcan to keep the
> > cash
> > without sending the box.
>
> Correct so far.
>
> > I would have refunded the money even so, and asked
> > the buyer to agree to file a mutual so that fees could be recouped.
>
> What makes you think that I haven't already done so?
>
> > Listing the box was foolish.
>
> But you cannot explain why.
>
> ====
>
> I explained it why it was foolish very clearly. You laid yourself open to
> precisely what transpired, for one thing.

I laid myself open to spacker saying that I had ripped someone off? Ho
exactly did I do that then?

> You were very lucky that your buyer did not neg you.

Even when they admitted making the mistake?

> And secondly, you sold something that could easily
> have been used for fraud and is against EBay policy.

Pure tripe. Show me the policy that states that.

> I hope you have refunded. It would be the ethical course of action.

The last thing I need is a lecture on ethics from you of all people.

Just for the record, it would be useful if you could sort your quoting
out just to make sure that you are not misinterpreted.
From: Dr Zoidberg on
"Fran" <usenet1304(a)btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:ha9oiq$8l1$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> you sold something that could easily have been used for fraud

Lets be 100% clear on this.
It was suggested that someone may buy the box to re-sell an unboxed camera
as boxed , thereby increasing it's value.
You have pointed out that it wouldn't be the same box that the camera was
originally sold in , and you think that that is misrepresenting things.

Are you now saying that that would be fraud?
Yes or no answer please.

> and is against EBay policy.

Is it?
Where does it say that?

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

From: petrolcan on
In article <ha9qef$j2n$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Dr Zoidberg
says...
>
> "Fran" <usenet1304(a)btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:ha9oiq$8l1$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> > you sold something that could easily have been used for fraud
>
> Lets be 100% clear on this.
> It was suggested that someone may buy the box to re-sell an unboxed camera
> as boxed , thereby increasing it's value.
> You have pointed out that it wouldn't be the same box that the camera was
> originally sold in , and you think that that is misrepresenting things.
>
> Are you now saying that that would be fraud?
> Yes or no answer please.
>
> > and is against EBay policy.
>
> Is it?
> Where does it say that?

Don't hold you breath waiting for this one.
From: Dr Zoidberg on
"petrolcan" <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.25327d29646f4760989899(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> I laid myself open to spacker saying that I had ripped someone off? How
> exactly did I do that then?

By posting anything to this group :0)

> Just for the record, it would be useful if you could sort your quoting
> out just to make sure that you are not misinterpreted.


There seems to be something about your posts that stops them "quoting"
normally.
I've had to manually add the >

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

From: petrolcan on
In article <ha9qmv$kj7$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Dr Zoidberg
says...
>
> "petrolcan" <petrolcanSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.25327d29646f4760989899(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> > I laid myself open to spacker saying that I had ripped someone off? How
> > exactly did I do that then?
>
> By posting anything to this group :0)

Heh.

> > Just for the record, it would be useful if you could sort your quoting
> > out just to make sure that you are not misinterpreted.
>
>
> There seems to be something about your posts that stops them "quoting"
> normally.

Very odd, everything loks okay my end.