Prev: Bollocks
Next: Goofbay
From: Mike on
In message <x1F8n.142771$9A6.134403(a)newsfe07.ams2>
at 17:37:32 on Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Dodgy Geezer
<dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote
>Is being discontinued soon.
>
Does this mean normal pictures?

>I don't want to use my own free webspace, I worry about reliability of it.
>
>Can anyone recommend any picture hosting services ?
>
>Automatic resizing of images would be good, like the way eBay have
>'Standard', 'Preview' and 'Thumbnail'.
>
>Happy to pay for a decent service, reliability being paramount.
>
Every server is going to have it's occasional downtime. When I used to
be with ntlworld, I thought their web hosting was reliable.
--
Mike News
From: Dodgy Geezer on
Mike wrote:
> In message <x1F8n.142771$9A6.134403(a)newsfe07.ams2>
> at 17:37:32 on Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Dodgy Geezer
> <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote
>> Is being discontinued soon.
>>
> Does this mean normal pictures?
>

No, still 1st picture free. Each pic after that has a fee.

>> I don't want to use my own free webspace, I worry about reliability of
>> it.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend any picture hosting services ?
>>
>> Automatic resizing of images would be good, like the way eBay have
>> 'Standard', 'Preview' and 'Thumbnail'.
>>
>> Happy to pay for a decent service, reliability being paramount.
> >
> Every server is going to have it's occasional downtime. When I used to
> be with ntlworld, I thought their web hosting was reliable.

You might be right, I'll see what I can find.
From: petrolcan on
In article <X5X8n.118637$zV2.76898(a)newsfe28.ams2>, Dodgy Geezer says...
>
> Mike wrote:
> > In message <x1F8n.142771$9A6.134403(a)newsfe07.ams2>
> > at 17:37:32 on Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Dodgy Geezer
> > <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote
> >> Is being discontinued soon.
> >>
> > Does this mean normal pictures?
> >
>
> No, still 1st picture free. Each pic after that has a fee.
>
> >> I don't want to use my own free webspace, I worry about reliability of
> >> it.
> >>
> >> Can anyone recommend any picture hosting services ?
> >>
> >> Automatic resizing of images would be good, like the way eBay have
> >> 'Standard', 'Preview' and 'Thumbnail'.
> >>
> >> Happy to pay for a decent service, reliability being paramount.
> > >
> > Every server is going to have it's occasional downtime. When I used to
> > be with ntlworld, I thought their web hosting was reliable.
>
> You might be right, I'll see what I can find.

Another thought, why not register your own domain and get hosting too.

I've used freehostia for the last five years @ £10pa and they haven't
let me down yet.
From: Dodgy Geezer on
petrolcan wrote:
> In article <X5X8n.118637$zV2.76898(a)newsfe28.ams2>, Dodgy Geezer says...
>> Mike wrote:
>>> In message <x1F8n.142771$9A6.134403(a)newsfe07.ams2>
>>> at 17:37:32 on Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Dodgy Geezer
>>> <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote
>>>> Is being discontinued soon.
>>>>
>>> Does this mean normal pictures?
>>>
>> No, still 1st picture free. Each pic after that has a fee.
>>
>>>> I don't want to use my own free webspace, I worry about reliability of
>>>> it.
>>>>
>>>> Can anyone recommend any picture hosting services ?
>>>>
>>>> Automatic resizing of images would be good, like the way eBay have
>>>> 'Standard', 'Preview' and 'Thumbnail'.
>>>>
>>>> Happy to pay for a decent service, reliability being paramount.
>>> >
>>> Every server is going to have it's occasional downtime. When I used to
>>> be with ntlworld, I thought their web hosting was reliable.
>> You might be right, I'll see what I can find.
>
> Another thought, why not register your own domain and get hosting too.
>
> I've used freehostia for the last five years @ �10pa and they haven't
> let me down yet.

Yes, not a bad idea either. Better e-mail addresses too, rather
xxxxx(a)hotmail.com or whatever !

I didn't realize how cheap domains and hosting have become.
From: John Whitworth on


"Dodgy Geezer" <dodgy.geezer(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:C6_8n.69290$vL6.9110(a)newsfe16.ams2...
>
> I didn't realize how cheap domains and hosting have become.

Depends what you want. If your sites are going to get a lot of hits, and you
want extra functionality like PHP/ASP and SQL etc, then you'll be looking at
more like �10pm.

But if you just want a picture stash, a simple website, and a customised
email address, then yes, that will probably suffice.

JW

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Bollocks
Next: Goofbay