From: petrolcan on
In article <Xns9D50F34B51CDDbishrathotmailcom(a)216.196.109.145>,
RubbishRat says...
>
> RubbishRat <bishrat(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
> news:Xns9D50EF8449260bishrathotmailcom(a)216.196.109.145:

> > Here are my questions and the vendors replies
> >
> > Hi,
> > Please let me know which model this TV is. The Model Number can be
> > found on a label on the back of the set. something like 42pf**** etc .
> > it is important to know the model No for spares etc.
> > Regards,
> > Pete

> >
> > Hi,
> > could you please tell me briefly what you know about this tv. is the
> > screen broken ? has anyone tried to fix it ? what are the symptoms of
> > the fault ie does the light on the front flash on and off ?
> > Best Regards,
> > Pete

> > Hello,the TV does not come on, but the screen is still intact. I have
> > not got a technician in to look at it but no light at all. I bought
> > another TV so haven't bothered about this one.
> >
> >>>
> >>> I disagree.
> >>>
> >>> The advert was very minimalistic but contained the following.
> >>>
> >>> 42" PLASMA TV FOR PARTS
> >>> GRAB A BARGAIN FOR THIS PLASMA TV. NOT WORKING BUT IS VERY SUITABLE
> >>> FOR SPARES AND WANTED PARTS.
> >>> the model no of this tv is 42PF5421/10
> >>>
> >>> So it is advertised as not working, suitable for parts, the
> >>> make/model was mentioned. i.e. no more needed.
> >>>
> >>> So the advert was for a faulty but complete unit. but according to
> >>> the OP was far from complete.
> >>
> >> Where does it say 'complete'?

> I think its clear from his replies that he was deliberately hiding the
> fact that the case was empty and he clearly hoped I would pay without a
> thorough inspection.

That certainly appears to be the case having read your previous post
detailing the questions you had asked.

> My original question here was just about the
> feedback which was answered earlier. I think I was reasonable in my
> expectation that the TV would be all there, This was the model I was
> looking for and all I really needed was the PSU panel which was missing.
> I think that to try to sell a tv with a broken screen and most of the
> panels removed is plain criminal.

I'm not sure I'd say 'criminal' but certainly chancing his arm. The neg
that you have left looks well deserved.

> Anyway I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your posts and I thank
> you all for your help and participation.
> isn't this fun:^) !

The only reason that I challenged you on the last minute bid thing was
that it appeared too simple.

There have been several times that a buyer has come here and berated a
seller for being in the wrong when a little questioning and digging has
shown the buyer to be the one in the wrong.

I do appreciate you taking the time to post the sellers replies as it
made things a lot clearer. I also appreciate you being reasonable in
your responses as oppossed to throwing your rattle into orbit (1)

(1)There are lots of rattles out there from the past year :-)
From: petrolcan on
In article <xoGdnSFBq4yJTyXWnZ2dnUVZ7r-dnZ2d(a)bt.com>, Toby says...
>
> "petrolcan" <petrolcan(a)SPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> >> So the advert was for a faulty but complete unit. but according to the OP
> >> was far from complete.
> >
> > Where does it say 'complete'?
> >
>
> Where does it say incomplete?
>
> Do you state complete for all of your camera's or lenses?

I don't need to as anything I sell has a full description, detailed pics
and a list of what is included.

> "SUITABLE FOR SPARES AND WANTED PARTS" implies complete.

I see exactly where you are coming from but it is an assumption to be
able to imply complete from the minimal description.

Anyway, the OP has responded with more detail now.

From: petrolcan on
In article <1jgfu31.1d7iku1gncny8N%totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk>, The
Older Gentleman says...
>
> petrolcan <petrolcan(a)SPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Where does it say 'complete'?
>
> Somewhere in the same place as your auction for the empty camera box?
> ;-)

<stern glare>

That went for £20 in the end :-)

> Incidentally, I've been playing with my new D300S. What a lovely piece
> of kit. That's four Nikon SLRs I've got now (F100, D100, D200 and D300)
> which is, er, sufficient, so the next thing will have to be some more
> glassware :-)

Ah, glassware, the really expensive bit. The cameras themselves are
almost throwaway now.

Out of curiousity, why bother keeping all 3 DSLRs? Surely you should
bung one on ebay for the glassware fund.


From: The Older Gentleman on
MC <any(a)any.any> wrote:

> There is an "assumption" that it is complete if it does not say
> otherwise.

If something is advertises as for spares or repairs, absolutely not.

> By your argument, every company would have leave to sell
> and deliver incomplete goods just because they did not confirm the
> thing was complete.

See above.

My own feeling was that the seller erred slightly too much on the side
of dishonesty here.

Now that I've read the exchange between the seller and the buyer, I'm
absolutely certain the seller was pulling a fast one, and deserved the
neg.

It also illustrates the need, in threads like this, not to pass
judgement until all the facts have been ascertained :-/


--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER GN250 Damn, back to six bikes!
Try Googling before asking a damn silly question.
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com
From: petrolcan on
In article <1jggv7z.s2ymo116yi4iN%totallydeadmailbox(a)yahoo.co.uk>, The
Older Gentleman says...

> It also illustrates the need, in threads like this, not to pass
> judgement until all the facts have been ascertained :-/

Spoilsport!